“Criticized” in the news
|criticized the film|
Publications and example sentences
· Facebook wanted to offer him a job. Here’s why he publicly turned it down. →
During that same news segment, the Facebook CEO also criticized Twitter’s decision to label Trump’s comments on mail-in ballots as disinformation.
· Democratic Rep. Engel caught on hot mic: 'If I didn't have a primary, I wouldn’t care' →
Lynch, who criticized the NYPD’s decision to fire the officer involved in the death of Eric Garner, says of former Minneapolis cop Derek Chauvin, “there is no one that is defending him at all in the New York City Police Department or law enforcement as a whole.”
The New York Times
· Trump’s Visits to Church and Shrine Draw Fierce Rebukes From D.C. Clergy →
Both prelates criticized the president for what they said was his opportunistic attempt to embrace faith in a moment of crisis — an extraordinary accusation for church officials used to welcoming government officials to their places of worship.
· Democratic Rep. Eliot Engel caught on hot mic amid unrest: 'If I didn't have a primary, I wouldn't care' →
After the hit mic moment surfaced, one of Engel’s main Democratic challengers, Jamaal Bowman sharply criticized Engel, saying in a tweet, and later in a statement, it was “incredibly painful to watch.”
· Mark Zuckerberg defends hands-off Trump policy to employees after walkout →
And he criticized The Wall Street Journal for an article suggesting Facebook ignored research about harmful polarization on its platform.
The Japan Times
· Trump offers ‘domination’ of D.C. protests as model for states →
Defense Secretary Mark Esper and Gen. Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, sought to distance themselves from Monday night’s events after former military officials criticized their appearance with the president.