“Criticized” in the news
|criticized the film|
Publications and example sentences
· Want to know where all those corporate donations for #BLM are going? Here's the list. →
Some comments on the post criticized the company for failing to immediately list the organizations its donation will fund.
· Trump Says He's a 'Big Fan' of Drew Brees, QB Shouldn't Have Apologized →
A number of Brees's teammates as well as others from around the sports world criticized the quarterback for his initial remarks.
· The New York Times staff revolt over Tom Cotton’s op-ed, explained →
From Stephens’s very first Times column, widely criticized for distorting climate science, to his March 2020 piece about how Woody Allen was a misunderstood victim of cancel culture, he embodied an ethos of “owning the libs” at any cost that much of the newsroom found galling.
· Virginia GOP calls own lawmaker's comments on Confederate statues 'idiotic' →
The Virginia House GOP caucus has not commented specifically on the removal of the statues, but criticized Northam's handling of the recent protests, as well as the looting and violence, in parts of Virginia, including Richmond.
The New York Times
· To Reach a Single A.T.M., a Line of Unemployed Stretches a Block →
But state officials criticized the bank for not doing more sooner.
· Protests put spotlight on women of color as potential Biden running mate →
Republican groups, both local and national, criticized Hickenlooper's lack of testimony in a flurry of statements Thursday.
The New York Times
· As N.B.A. Mulled Return, Financial Needs Emerged as Central →
He has been criticized for his reluctance to address the news media during the shutdown, beyond interviews with league partners, but that is the least of the scrutiny to fret about compared with potential calamities given an unpredictable, easily spread virus in a contact sport that plays its games indoors.
· Twitter took down a Trump campaign video over copyright concerns →
Meanwhile, President Trump has been harshly criticized not only for tweeting misleading information that portrays the protests as violent but also for having enacted policies that encouraged police brutality.
· Some cities are shutting down transit after curfew. It’s a problem for essential workers and protesters. →
The Transit Center, a transit advocacy organization, criticized the cities that have enacted a systemwide shutdown in a public statement on June 1.
· Whitt's End: A Mavs Look at 'The Boys In The Bubble' →
Even Green Bay Packers’ quarterback Aaron Rodgers opposed his peer, saying on Instagram, “A few years ago we were criticized for locking arms in solidarity before the game.