“Curb” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Lockdown: Sex ban could ‘break the chain’ of HIV infections, according to sexual health charity →
The Health Protection Regulations previously banned people leaving home without “reasonable excuse”, but the provision has been replaced by stringent curbs on where people can sleep and gather together.
· Over 3,000 new infections per day in Iran for first time since March →
The authorities closed the borders to everybody but Spaniards, cross-border workers and truck drivers from mid-March when the country went into lockdown to curb the coronavirus contagion.
· Coronavirus: What sporting events are affected by the pandemic? →
World Rugby's governing body announced on May 15 it has postponed all test matches scheduled for July due to travel curbs and health protocols implemented to halt the spread of the novel coronavirus.
· My fiancée left me just before lockdown but my sausage dog has helped me through my darkest moments →
Her yapping has curbed any intruder paranoia.
· Missing Mexican politician's body found following abduction →
Despite the lockdown imposed in Mexico over two and a half months ago to help curb the coronavirus pandemic, killings around the country have continued at an alarming pace.
· COVID-19: Emirates, Etihad to resume transit flights after UAE lifts suspension →
The suspension was lifted late on Wednesday for UAE carriers, more than two months after the Gulf Arab state halted all passenger flights in March as it introduced drastic measures to curb the spread of the new coronavirus.
· Hong Kong passes China national anthem bill amid protests →
The national security law is aimed at curbing subversive activity, with Beijing pushing for it after a months-long pro-democracy protest movement that at times saw violent clashes between police and protesters.