· Abraxas Petroleum: Second-Lien Term Loan Will Be Very Challenging To Deal With →
Abraxas is now spending minimal capex due to poor well-level economics at current oil prices for both the Bakken and the Delaware Basin.
· US consumer confidence index steady in May at 86.6, survey shows →
Consumers were gloomy about the current climate but were optimistic about the future: The survey's Present Situation Index fell to 71.1 from 73.0 in the prior month, while the Expectations Index improved to 96.9 from 94.3.
· Quebec comes to rescue of struggling Cirque du Soleil →
He noted that an agreement in principle between the province and Cirque's current shareholders -- American investment group TPG Capital and China's Fosun Group, as well as the Caisse de depot et placement du Quebec (CDPQ) -- had been reached.
· Thyssenkrupp Forced To Adjust Strategy - Not Necessarily Bad News →
While the division generated a pre-tax loss of €208 million during the six month period ended March 31st (first half 2019: profit of €9 million) and it is unlikely that this picture will improve in the short term given the current state of the automotive sector as a whole, I believe that it arguably makes some sense to do so.
The Wall Street Journal
· What Quarantine Can Teach You About Spending and Happiness →
But it would be a shame to not use the current situation to learn more about our financial and lifestyle preferences.
· Healthcare And Biotechnology Dashboard - Update →
The following charts give an idea of the current status of 3 valuation factors (P/E, P/S, P/FCF) and a quality factor (ROE) relative to their historical average in each industry.
Hong Kong Free Press
· State-run CGTN faces sanctions from UK media regulator over coverage of Hong Kong protests →
“Various news items on protests in Hong Kong were not duly impartial on a matter of major political controversy and a major matter relating to current public policy,” Ofcom said in a 61-page report.
· Viasat, Inc. (VSAT) CEO Mark Dankberg on Q4 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
And this -- the current environment is definitely showing that because, we've got a lot more people doing work from home or school from home, so there's path for high bandwidth applications.
The Wall Street Journal
· Pentagon Is Drawing Up Afghan Withdrawal Plans for Trump →
All the options would likely fundamentally change the current two-pronged U.S. strategy, which includes training and advising Afghan forces as well as conducting counterterrorism missions against Islamic State and other extremist groups.
· The Law Of Requisite Variety →
One of the problems with the current gods is the implication that mammon is all that is needed.