|taken into custody||拘留された|
The China Post
· Police department with Elijah McClain case gets new chief →
Aurora police have said McClain refused to stop walking and fought back when officers tried to take him into custody.
· Indigenous arrest rates are 'a national crisis', says Marcia Langton →
Prominent academic Marcia Langton says Black Lives Matter protests must continue to agitate for changes to reduce Indigenous incarceration and deaths in custody in a criminal justice system that is structurally racist.
· Man charged over alleged fatal stabbing of mother in Sydney's north-west →
David Tran in police custody on Tuesday.Credit:Nine News
· Activists call for 'global spotlight' on plight of Kashmiris →
About 7,000 people were taken into custody whereas hundreds remained under house arrest or behind bars without charge.
The New York Times
· The Challenges of Polyamorous Parenting →
To understand how new and prospective nonmonogamous families can take on challenges like child custody, adoption and just day-to-day life, I spoke with a sociologist, two psychologists, a lawyer and members of two nonmonogamous families.
· Attempted murder arrests after shots fired in mass brawl →
They remain in custody.
· George Floyd: Leaked police bodycam footage shows how fatal arrest began →
Mr Floyd later died in police custody and the incident has proved to be a tinderbox moment for race relations in the US and around the world.
· Alexander Kareem death: Seven arrested in case of ‘mistaken identity’ murder →
The Metropolitan Police said all seven were arrested in the early hours of Tuesday and taken into custody at London police stations.
· Hollywood actors, renowned writers urge Egypt to free activist →
Under Egyptian law, defendants can be remanded in custody for up to two years but authorities routinely prolong detentions indefinitely.
The New York Times
· Behrouz Boochani Just Wants to Be Free →
His immigration status made him technically ineligible, but his publisher argued that, as a refugee living and writing under Australian custody, Boochani had no other homeland in which to be judged.