Yayınlar ve örnek cümleler
The New York Times
· Donald Trump, Joe Biden and the Vote of the Irish →
“I was sitting there when the head of Notre Dame offered her the huge invitation to speak.
· Four private Australian universities allowed to access jobkeeper payments →
Notre Dame University, Bond University, Torrens University and the University of Divinity have been granted an exemption to the existing jobkeeper rules that currently exclude all of Australia’s public universities from accessing the now $70bn support payment.
· The 17 best action movies on Netflix →
(Yeah, its sequel Sin City: A Dame to Kill For isn't a great film.)
· China’s move to rein in Hong Kong is just the start →
Victoria Hui, a political scientist at the University of Notre Dame and author of a book on the 2014 Hong Kong protests known as the Umbrella Movement, said the international community had often spoken out against China's steady accretion of power over the territory but had exacted no real punishment.
· England to provide 3,300 homes for homeless after coronavirus →
Dame Louise Casey, who is leading the government’s rough sleeping Covid-19 response taskforce, said: “We know this safe harbour is just the start – we have here an extraordinary opportunity to end rough sleeping for good.”
The New York Times
· Why China’s Move to Rein In Hong Kong is Just the Start →
Victoria Hui, a political scientist at the University of Notre Dame and author of a book on the 2014 Hong Kong protests known as the Umbrella Movement, said the international community had often spoke out against China’s steady accretion of power over the territory but had exacted no real punishment.
· Covid-19 has rocked women's sport but its future remains bright →
“We can’t just rush to get men’s sport back and not think about women’s sport,” says Dame Tanni Grey-Thompson, one of Britain’s greatest athletes and now an influential voice.
· British Vogue editor Edward Enninful says magazine appeared ‘stand-offish’ and ‘cold’ before he took over →
Earlier this month, Dame Judi Dench made history as the oldest person ever to appear on the cover of British Vogue.
· David Hockney may be a great painter but don’t listen to him on matters of health →
Except to say that it would probably rank midway between a defiant confession, by Sir David Attenborough, that he’s been on 60 a day since he was 12 – and actively enjoyed blowing smoke up the beaks of grateful penguins – and a theatrical version of this message from Dame Judi Dench.
· Trump's press secretary appears to reveal president's bank details to world's cameras →
Mike Chapple, academic director of Notre Dame’s Master of Science in Business Analytics programme, told the New York Times this demonstrates why oversized cheques are wielded on television.