· Morning mail: Lancet retracts Covid-19 paper, Floyd memorial, walking with wombats →
German public prosecutors investigating a new lead suspect in the Madeleine McCann abduction case believe the British girl is dead.
· Korean adoptee uses DNA test and historic court case to demand to be part of her birth family →
Hitting dead end after dead end, navigating a system riddled with obstacles — including missing and withheld records, altered names and birthdates, and the strong social stigma attached to children born out-of-wedlock that causes some birth parents to keep them a secret, to name just a few — Bos went down one last path: a paternity lawsuit.
· Neighbour helps woman escape fatal Brisbane house fire →
A 72-year-old man has been found dead in a burnt-out home in Brisbane's south, after a neighbour managed to help the other occupant escape.
· German prisoner is ‘strongest Madeleine McCann suspect yet’ →
Detectives in three countries have appealed for evidence in relation to the strongest suspect they have had in 13 years to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, as German authorities said they believe she is dead.
· Trump accuses 'socialists' in Democratic Party of trying to 'defund the police' while pushing tough on crime agenda →
The president, who now trails the former vice president in key battleground states and is in a dead heat in some long-red states, appeared eager to grab the support of law enforcement groups who have expressed concern that Mr Biden earlier this week embraced police reform after George Floyd's killing while in police custody.
The China Post
· Sheriff: Will of ‘Tiger King’ star’s missing husband forged →
Lewis disappeared in 1997 and was declared dead in 2002.
· Fall guy Shapps takes turn to promote UK as 'world beater' in stupidity →
Though he tries to maintain the jaunty, upbeat exterior of a man who just can’t wait to upgrade the A66, his shoulders are now permanently slumped and he looks dead behind the eyes.
The New York Times
· German Prosecutors Dash Hopes of Finding Madeleine McCann Alive →
“We assume that the girl is dead,” Hans Christian Wolters, a prosecutor in Braunschweig, told reporters on Thursday, a day after the authorities broke the news of the investigation on a German public TV show for unsolved crimes.
The China Post
· Florida Supreme Court blocks assault weapon ban from ballot →
A group called Ban Assault Weapons Now sponsored the proposed constitutional amendment, inspired by the mass shooting at a Parkland high school that left 17 people dead.
· G-III Apparel Group, Ltd. (GIII) CEO Morris Goldfarb on Q1 2021 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
We had a totally dead month of May.