“Decade” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Trump touts 'stupendous' jobs report — but black unemployment still rose again →
The pandemic’s racially disparate impact on the job market has laid bare decades of failing government policies.
· Column: Jaguars' Chris Conley Left a Long-Term Mark in Jacksonville During Friday's March →
But Conley took it a step further than that: he also dived into the racial wounds which have been left in Jacksonville over the last several decades.
The China Post
· Death row inmate walks free after 30 years in girl’s killing →
A man who spent nearly three decades in behind bars, most of them on death row, after he was convicted at his second trial of killing a 4-year-old girl in Philadelphia was released Friday after prosecutors concluded he very likely did not do it.
· Chris Manhertz Talks Panthers' Player Impact Committee Advocating for Change →
Police brutality toward people of color has been an issue in the United States for decades.
· SLV: Silver To Shine During Inflationary Equity Bear Market →
Firstly, low storage costs mean that it is favorable to industrial or agricultural commodities over the long term (the continuous commodity index has lost roughly 2.2% per year over the past two decades due to commodity curve contango largely reflecting storage costs).
· Buy Sir Richard Branson's Forced Selling Of Virgin Galactic Before It Opens Bookings Again →
However, also be aware of the potential gains in the decades to come.
· 'Completely oblivious': Joe Biden hits out at Trump's 'despicable' George Floyd comments →
While the nation's unemployment rate improved slightly from 14.7 per cent in April to 13.3 per cent in May against analysts predictions, the rate among black Americans increased by 0.1 per cent to 16.8 per cent, the highest in more than a decade.
· Retired diplomats, generals slam Trump over using U.S. military to 'intimidate' protesters →
Titled “The Strength of America’s Apolitical Military,” the statement was signed by dozens of retired ambassadors with decades of experience in the diplomatic service, including ousted U.S.
· These Stunning Yellow Swirls Could Be The First Evidence Of A New Planet Being Formed →
Over the past two decades, powerful instruments, like the now-retired Kepler space telescope, have allowed astronomers to identify thousands of exoplanets.
· New Zealand readers tell us how they want the country to change after Covid-19 →
“It seems the silver lining in NZ has been a reinforcement of some core community values which may have been lost over the last few decades.