“Decree” in the news
|issued a decree|
|signed a decree|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Testing centre queues fuel criticism over France's COVID-19 strategy →
One leading federation of laboratories said an abrupt Jul 25 decree to make testing free-of-charge and without prescription piled pressure on at a time many staff go on holiday.
· Russian swimmers complete eco-relay across Lake Baikal →
If approved, the new decree would override a ban on most industrial operations near the lake as early as January 1.
· Modi's brutal treatment of Kashmir exposes his tactics – and their flaws →
(The Nuremberg laws passed by the Nazi party in 1935 decreed that only those citizens who could provide legacy papers approved by the Third Reich were eligible for German citizenship.)
· Police summon protest leaders for breaching emergency law →
Police have summoned five organisers of student-led protests against the government, saying they had violated a coronavirus emergency decree that forbids large gatherings, a senior officer told Reuters on Wednesday.
· Thai police summon protest leaders for breaching COVID-19 emergency law →
BANGKOK: Thai police have summoned five organisers of student-led protests against the government, saying they had violated a coronavirus emergency decree that forbids large gatherings, police told Reuters on Wednesday (Aug 5).
· Trader Joe's Knows Petitions Aren't Commandments →
If the decree is that a company must not acknowledge the existence of differences between human groups, then we need a crystal-clear argument for why this is unacceptable.
· Donald Trump Has Given America Its Best Chance to Defeat Racism →
Sessions had also laid the groundwork for the suspension of all the consent decrees that provided federal oversight of law-enforcement agencies that had demonstrated a pattern of racism.
· Spoon-Fed by Tim Spector review – food myths busted →
He convincingly argues that coffee and salt are healthier for most people than general opinion decrees, while vitamin pills and the vast majority of commercial yoghurts are less so.
· Senator questions the admission of US troops during state of emergency →
The emergency decree was extended for the third time at the end of July and is now set to expire at the end of this month.