“Defeat” in the news
|able to defeat|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Wolves have rediscovered ‘best form’ in race for Europe, says Raul Jimenez →
Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti hit out at his players’ attitude following defeat which kept them 11th.
· 6 key Senate and House races to watch on Tuesday →
The winner of the runoff will face Democratic Sen. Doug Jones, who became the first Democrat to win a Senate seat in the state since 1992 when he defeated alleged child molester Roy Moore in a 2017 special election.
· Ivory Coast vice president resigns citing personal reasons →
Ouattara’s party has been in power since post-election violence a decade ago killed some 3,000 people after then-President Laurent Gbagbo refused to acknowledge his defeat in a runoff vote.
· Clemson's 10 Best: Top Moments In Dabo Swinney Era →
In 2011 Swinney led Clemson to its first conference title in two decades when the Tigers defeated third ranked Virginia Tech 38-10.
· AP Sportlight →
1985 — The Baltimore Stars defeat the Oakland Invaders 28-24 to win the United States Football League championship.
· Frank Lampard reacts to how Man City’s successful ban appeal impacts Chelsea’s Champions League hopes →
Chelsea will need to improve their form if they are to win their three remaining fixtures this season, having followed an unconvincing display in the 3-2 win over Crystal Palace with a comprehensive 3-0 defeat by Sheffield United last time out.
· South African season to resume in coronavirus 'hot spot' →
Meanwhile, the west African states of Senegal and Benin have conceded defeat in the fight to restart football amid the pandemic and cancelled national leagues.
· Brexit fishing CHAOS: EU stubbornness on fishing hints at future trade deal threat →
Brexit warning for Britons hoping to travel in 2021 [WARNING]Michel Barnier defeated: Farage reveals EU Brexit plan's FATAL flaw [DETAILS]Brexit deal WARNING as 'poison pills' could undermine sovereignty [INSIGHT]
· England v West Indies: Pick the hosts' team for second Test at Old Trafford →
How can he ensure his side bounce back from a four-wicket defeat in the first Test and keep the series alive?
· Jofra Archer: Criticism of England bowler's speeds is unfair, says Michael Vaughan →
The 25-year-old bowled an exhilarating spell on the final day of the first Test against West Indies in Southampton, but his 3-45 could not prevent England falling to a four-wicket defeat.