“Definitive” in the news
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Victim blaming perpetuates silence, injustice — WCC →
It is a definitive statement of principle, law and human rights that WCC together with countless other governments, organisations and women and men across the world uphold: that no woman deserves to be forced or coerced into sex without her consent.
· Virginia schools quickly drop Confederate names, this time ignoring calls to preserve ‘history’ →
The Falls Church School Board has taken no definitive action yet, although at its most recent meeting it discussed hiring a consultant who could provide more historical context.
· What’s in a Name? For Some Wrestlers, It Can Be Everything →
Clearly, there is not one definitive way to find the perfect name, and a deeper connection is not always necessary.
· Super League restart threatened by pay issue →
However, the RFL say that no definitive decision can be taken yet, with circumstances constantly changing.
· Liverpool evening headlines as referee 'admits mistakes' during Aston Villa clash →
Klopp was left irritated by the incident, but Tierney’s errors did not have a definitive impact on the game.
· Opinion: College Football in the Spring, Not the Best Idea →
While there is no definitive information to say that playing two seasons in one calendar year would be detrimental to players heath, one could easily assume, with relative certainty, that there would be an impact.
· Sina Gets Bid at 12% Premium From Company Controlled by CEO →
“There can be no assurance that any definitive offer will be made, that any agreement will be entered into, or that this or any other transaction will be approved or consummated,” Sina said in a statement.
· Weekly S&P 500 ChartStorm - Welcome To The Whipsaw →
As Ryan often shows us with clarity, historical data can be rather definitive sometimes.
· How the Rays Became MLB's Outliers by Finding MLB's Outliers →
Allow me to be more definitive: From pitchers one through 15, the Rays have the best pure stuff in baseball.
· Democrats Want to Legalize Marijuana. Joe Biden Doesn’t. →
He’s looking for something definitive to assure him that legalizing won’t lead to serious mental or physical problems, in teens or adults.