Defy en las noticias
Publicaciones y oraciones de ejemplo
· Democratic US politicians urge police reforms as protesters march for 11th day →
Trump, who is seeking re-election in November, was cheered yesterday by an unexpected jump in US employment in May, defying predictions of further job losses inflicted by the pandemic.
· An angry nation prepares for a weekend of protests against George Floyd's death →
Protests were largely peaceful Thursday, but there were outbreaks of violence in Manhattan and The Bronx when demonstrators defied a curfew and police responded with batons.
· Defiant Washington DC mayor has 'Black Lives Matter' painted on street near White House →
Trump, who is seeking re-election in November, was cheered on Friday by an unexpected jump in US employment in May, defying predictions of further job losses inflicted by the pandemic.
The New York Times
· View Pictures of the George Floyd Protests Nationwide →
Several thousand protesters gathered in downtown Oakland, defying a curfew.
· Anger at new police abuse videos as US protests eye weekend →
And in New York City Thursday, officers baton-charged dozens of peaceful protesters defying a curfew in the Bronx after pinning them in, leaving them with nowhere to run, several reports said.
· Commentary: India grapples with COVID-19 migrant worker chaos →
Millions of poor migrants defied the order to stay indoors.
· Citing jobs, Trump claims victory over virus, economic collapse →
Defying health experts, the president has aggressively encouraged states to re-open and has assailed state leaders by name who resist.
· Surprise US unemployment rate drop leaves out blacks, Asians →
U.S. unemployment dropped to 13.3per cent in May from 14.7per cent in April - defying forecasts for it to approach 20per cent - as restaurants, bars and other businesses began to reopen and hire back workers let go because of shutdowns meant to slow the spread of the coronavirus.
· Protests put spotlight on women of color as potential Biden running mate →
Hickenlooper and his attorneys have denied the charges, and they say the decision to initially defy the subpoena was based on concerns about the virtual format not affording him his rights, not an unwillingness to testify.