“Delay” in the news
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
The Japan Times
· Court orders Dakota pipeline shut in latest blow to U.S. fossil fuel projects →
The ruling comes a day after Dominion Energy Inc and Duke Energy Corp decided to abandon the $8 billion Atlantic Coast Pipeline, meant to move West Virginia natural gas to East Coast markets, after a long delay to clear legal roadblocks almost doubled its estimated cost.
· Dylan vs. Luis: Let's put it this way, we're happy they're on the same team →
Robert also pointed out a hidden advantage of this delayed season, as he's able to acclimate to Sox Park in a way he wouldn't have in a normal year.
· MLB releases pandemic-shortened schedule amid testing delays →
By the time MLB revealed each team’s 60-game slate Monday evening, the Nationals and Houston Astros — last year’s pennant winners — had canceled workouts because of COVID-19 testing delays that one executive worried could endanger the season.
· Rick and Morty theories: Beth and Space Beth to team up in shock citadel twist →
Unfortunately, animation work on the next season has been delayed, though fans have been assured at least 60 new episodes are on their way by Adult Swim.
The Japan Times
· Nationals, Astros cancel workouts over virus testing delays →
Washington – Baseball’s two World Series teams canceled workouts Monday because of coronavirus testing delays that one executive worried could endanger the season.
The China Post
· US Supreme Court deals blow to Keystone oil pipeline project →
Without it, the project that has been heavily promoted by President Donald Trump faces more delay just as work on it had finally begun this year following years of courtroom battles.
The New York Times
· Months Into Virus Crisis, U.S. Cities Still Lack Testing Capacity →
In February, the federal government shipped a tainted testing kit to states, delaying a broader testing strategy and leaving states blind to a virus that was already beginning to circulate.
· Guardrails line the journey in the life of a mail-in ballot →
The reason for the hold-up is mail-in voting, with a large number of absentee ballots leading state officials to delay counting them until this week.
· California Assembly delays session after virus outbreak →
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — A coronavirus outbreak in the California Legislature has indefinitely delayed the state Assembly’s return to work from a scheduled summer recess, highlighting the rapid spread of the virus in a state that has imposed new restrictions on bars and restaurants following a surge of cases and hospitalizations.
· Spencer Cox wins Republican primary in Utah governor’s race →
It does typically take longer to tally by-mail ballots due to extra security procedures, and this year those were further delayed by a 24-hour ballot quarantine.