“Democratic” in the news
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Transcript: Into Joy Reid's Primetime Moment →
And we also witnessed the incoherent rambling of a president who has spent the last four years burning democratic norms to the ground.
· Pelosi rips Trump for 'degrading' plan to give nomination acceptance speech from the White House →
Mr Trump was initially slated to deliver his keynote speech in Charlotte, North Carolina, the original site of this year's convention, but the president nixed those plans after publicly sparring with Democratic Governor Roy Cooper, who said they only way Republicans could hold the convention in his state was if they did so in compliance with social distancing guidelines.
· Gov. Gretchen Whitmer remains on Biden's list as running mate pick nears →
The Biden campaign has also long viewed the recipe for success for the party in the 2018 midterms as their blueprint in 2020 — particularly significant turnout for Democratic candidates among women voters in suburban, swing districts.
· Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine Tests Positive Ahead of Trump Visit →
Mask-wearing also has been a point of contention at the Statehouse, where many Democratic lawmakers have donned masks while many Republican lawmakers have not.
· Man whose children say has bigoted views wins Missouri race →
He lost to Democratic incumbent Rep. Jon Carpenter, who could not run for reelection this year because of term limits.
· Saifuddin Soz treated like a 'prisoner', dictatorship in J&K for past one year: Priyanka Gandhi targets Centre →
I want to remind the government that India is a democratic republic,” she said in a tweet in Hindi.
· Phoenix has become the top individual advertising market in the 2020 White House race →
Hagerty’s ads have featured a veteran who says he doesn’t trust Sethi to stop flag-burners because he once donated to “a left-wing group that is bankrolling the rioters.” Sethi’s wife says this actually refers to a $50 donation to House Democratic candidate Tom Perriello in 2008 — made as a favor to a family friend — via the commonly-used online donation hub ActBlue.
· Planning rules aren’t just 'red tape' - they're essential for building affordable homes people actually want to live in →
I urge the prime minister and his advisers to row back on this damaging policy and seek to engage with us and our communities so that we can deliver a greener, fairer recovery for our city, rather than deny local accountability, scrutiny and democratic challenge.
· House Democrats to Facebook: 'Do more' about harassment and hate targeting women →
“We are imploring Facebook to do more to protect the ability of women to engage in democratic discourse and to foster a safe and empowering space for women.”