· From the Archives, 1962: Australia commits military support to Thailand →
The squadron is being formed in Singapore, and will be deployed from there to Thailand.
· More peacekeeping operations, fewer troops in 2019: report →
The number of international peacekeeping missions rose slightly in 2019, but the number of personnel deployed continued to decline, researchers said Wednesday.
· Viasat, Inc. (VSAT) CEO Mark Dankberg on Q4 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
But with the -- so that will be much sooner than timeframe for deploying this constellation.
· DouYu International Holdings Limited (DOYU) CEO Shaojie Chen on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
Looking ahead, we will continue to build an eSport-centric content community for younger generation, deploy resources upstream and downstream throughout the eSports value chain, enhance our operational refinement and R&F investment and optimize our user experience continuously.
· Selangor top cop says tightening security at MAEPS, migrants being cooperative so far →
Selangor police chief Datuk Noor Azam Jamaludin said 74 policemen from Sepang Police headquarters and Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) headquarters had been deployed there to strengthen control.
· Amazon gave TV stations coronavirus propaganda, and some aired it →
These PR strategies have been deployed by corporations for decades, but a disturbing video put together by local news-focused outlet Courier Newsroom demonstrates how effective Amazon’s approach is and why so many companies use similar strategies to seed narratives to news media.
· WHO warns 1st wave of pandemic not over as infections surge in Brazil, India →
Indonesia said it will deploy 340,000 security forces in 25 cities to enforce health rules as the world's fourth most populous nation prepares to reopen shopping centers and other businesses in the capital Jakarta on June 4.
The New York Times
· Republicans Plan to Sue Pelosi to Block House Proxy Voting During Pandemic →
Still, Democratic leaders who planned to deploy proxy voting for the first time as soon as Wednesday must now decide whether to reconsider or risk a legal decision ultimately invalidating the bills they pass using remote votes.
The New York Times
· ‘It’s the Death Towers’: How the Bronx Became New York’s Virus Hot Spot →
City and state leaders, they say, should have aggressively conducted testing to slow the spread of the virus, deployed more services and resources and focused on overlooked front-line workers who have kept stores open and the city running.
· Big Pharma chief who developed first Ebola shot breaks silence on COVID-19 →
1, they have to be vaccines that can be deployed broadly, globally.