“Deputy” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· 'Not acceptable': Apologies from Fox Sports and Matty Johns after Hitler skit →
Johns reportedly called NSW Jewish Board of Deputies CEO Vic Alhadeff on Monday to apologise personally, according to the Australian Jewish News.
· No pubs, no kissing, no flying: how Covid-19 is forcing authors to change their novels →
Tom Watson, the former deputy leader of the Labour party, has been having a busy lockdown.
· History will judge Andrews on Belt and Road, warns union leader →
The “Shoppies” have long been a formidable presence in Labor's right, counting Deputy Premier James Merlino and newly-minted senator for Victoria Raff Ciccone among their number.
· 'Mr President, don't go hide': China goads US over George Floyd protests →
Fellow ministry spokesman, Lijian Zhao retweeted numerous comments and reports on the protests, including from Russia’s deputy representative to the UN, accusing the US of double standards.
· Man jailed for molesting underage boys on buses, admits touching other boys in school uniform →
The bus was not crowded and the 14-year-old boy sat in the last row, said Deputy Public Prosecutor Derek Ee.
· Victoria's new police chief commissioner announced →
Victoria Police Deputy Commissioner Shane Patton will take over the top job, Premier Daniel Andrews has announced.
· Syed Saddiq has no right to speak under Bersatu banner, says former aide →
Wan Ahmad Fayshal, who is also the deputy youth and sports minister added that what Syed Saddiq said in his press conference yesterday could confuse Bersatu grassroot members.
· Bank of Thailand ready to curb recent baht strength →
“The Thai central bank is ready to take necessary steps to ensure baht strength doesn’t aggravate the fragility of the economy,” deputy governor Mathee Supapongse said in the statement, adding it will also scrutinise gold trading as that may have contributed to the currency’s performance.
The Japan Times
· Pandemic opens door to ideas new and old for a better economy →
“Every crisis is an opportunity to rethink priorities,” said Maria Demertzis, deputy director of the Bruegel think tank in Brussels.
The New York Times
· Michigan Sheriff Took Off His Helmet and Marched With Protesters →
In 2018, a Genesee County sheriff’s deputy shot and killed a 61-year-old man who was causing a disturbance at a restaurant, The Democrat and Chronicle reported.