“Desire” in the news
|desire to become|
|expressed a desire|
|expressed his desire|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
The New York Times
· M.L.B. Tightens Virus Protocols Again in Wake of Outbreaks →
“But if we desire to play, they are necessary to limit infections and, if someone does test positive, to keep the virus from spreading.”
· Park Hotels & Resorts, Inc. (PK) CEO Thomas Baltimore on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
But again, as I said in my prepared remarks, we are carefully managing one, our desire to open hotels and make sure that we can do it safely and profitably or at least lose less money than we currently are as we manage our cash burn rate.
· Pan American Silver's (PAAS) CEO Michael Steinmann on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
But I could also imagine here with a really strong desire to kick start economies that it wouldn't have that of a big impact, the metal price to the industrial offtake this time.
· Trump voters haven't been driven by racism. If anything, it has repelled them. →
Another author claimed to prove that Trump voters were driven by a desire to preserve white privilege and that they supported Trump’s bid to restrict immigration in order to advance this agenda.
· U-M Athletic Director Warde Manuel Addresses the #BigTenUnited Movement →
I wholeheartedly support their desire to have clarity on safety protocols, and I trust the Big Ten Task Force for Emerging Infectious Disease and our medical experts to provide guidance on how to proceed with competition in the safest manner possible.
· Ball Corporation (BLL) CEO John Hayes on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
Again, recognizing you're not going to be able to really quantify or maybe even enumerate, can you talk to whether with your customers in North America or anywhere else, given what they're seeing in terms of demand, and your need to supply more capacity or being willing to accept more creative terms, different terms and maybe what was even put into contracts and '19, any desire or willingness to maybe sharing some of the risks and costs to make sure that capacity is on the ground, when the demand is there anything that you can talk to on that question?
· Albemarle Corporation's (ALB) CEO Kent Masters on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
But what’s your expectation for the desire for those LTAs, as you start to get to the exponential part of that demand curve, because it would seem the cathode folks are looking at this volatility and pricing and obviously resets on pricing, but then you have got some pretty dangerous implications for them if the industry curtails its expansion activity, where there may be a scarcity value sometime down the road.
· InterDigital, Inc. (IDCC) CEO Bill Merritt on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
So with Xiaomi, it's not going to be just all about in litigation, we obviously would continue to engage with them in other ways and seek to reach an amicable result if that's [indiscernible] desire.
· Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY) CEO Giovanni Caforio on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
And then secondarily, we have seen as you alluded to in a number of markets, the desire to try to keep patients out of hospitals and institution.
· MetLife, Inc. (MET) CEO Michel Khalaf on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
And do you have a desire to do so?