“Despite” in the news
|despite the fact|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Mayor in Lake of the Ozarks credits viral videos of crowded parties for tourism uptick →
Despite there being no capacity restrictions, we are still only operating at 50% capacity for this event to allow for social distancing.
· Orion Energy Systems, Inc. (OESX) CEO Mike Altschaefl on Q1 2021 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
Despite the challenges, we were able to generate $3.6 million in revenue from a new construction projects for a very large global online retailer.
The New York Times
· Woman Sues Takeoff, Member of Migos, Accusing Him of Rape →
But Neama Rahmani, a lawyer for the woman, said the police had not spoken to his client since responding to the hospital in June, despite several efforts to make her available to speak with investigators.
· End of the world: 'Heavens will be on fire' as preacher bizarrely warns of the 'end times' →
However, despite the prophetic doomsday claims, there is absolutely no evidence our home planet is about to be bombarded by a flurry of space rocks.
· ProPetro Holding's (PUMP) CEO Phillip Gobe on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
This includes generating free cash flow and positive adjusted EBITDA during the period, despite a 73% decrease in revenue from the first quarter.
· BorgWarner, Inc. (BWA) CEO Fred Lissalde on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
We delivered positive free cash flow for the quarter, despite lower production levels, which we believe is a testament to the underlying cash generating ability of this company.
· Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson inspires addition to Fortnite →
According to Statista.com, as of May 2020, Fornite has 350 million players across the globe despite the title only being released in 2017.
The China Post
· Arsenal to cut 55 jobs due to financial damage from pandemic →
They also moved to assure supporters that investment into the team will continue, despite the loss of jobs, which will come across some soccer departments as well as commercial and administrative roles.
The China Post
· Club pros at PGA see COVID-related surge in golf back home →
Golf has emerged as one of the handful of relatively safe, outdoor activities that can be enjoyed despite the coronavirus, so long as the players wear masks inside the clubhouse, keep their distance on the course, keep the flagstick in, and remember to forgo the celebratory high fives and post-round handshakes.
· Fiverr International Ltd. (FVRR) CEO Micha Kaufman on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
We've been able to increase lifetime value by focus on business volume and by product initiatives, and I think that this quarter is not an exception on the contrary, I think that the fact that possible [indiscernible] experienced triple-digit growth enable us to increase the overall expense per buyer, all the way to $184, 18% growth even - and this is coming despite the fact of record breaking number of up to new buyers.