“Despite” in the news
|despite the fact|
Publications and example sentences
· 80% Returns And A Fair Valuation Forced A Sell On Bridgemarq →
When we last covered Bridgemarq Real Estate Services (OTCPK:BREUF), we took a bullish stance despite what appeared to be cataclysmic headwinds in the face of COVID-19.
· Bolsonaro threatens WHO exit as COVID-19 kills 'one Brazilian per minute' →
Asked about efforts to loosen social distancing orders in Brazil despite rising daily death rates and diagnoses, World Health Organization (WHO) spokeswoman Margaret Harris said a key criteria for lifting lockdowns was slowing transmission.
· Iran FM throws ball back in Trump’s court on nuclear deal →
Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif responded to Trump on Twitter yesterday, saying, “We achieved humanitarian swap despite your subordinates’ efforts”.
· Defiant Washington DC mayor has 'Black Lives Matter' painted on street near White House →
Despite the improvement overall in Friday's jobs report, unemployment among African Americans was higher in May than in April, a statistic that critics were certain to cite as underscoring racial disparities in American society.
· French forces kill leader of Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb →
Despite the presence of thousands of French and UN troops, the conflict has engulfed the centre of the country and spread to neighbouring Burkina Faso and Niger.
· Singapore must prevent a ‘Covid Generation’ as world takes long road to recovery, says DPM Heng →
However, despite the best efforts of the Government and businesses, “we cannot possibly save every job”, as many sectors were already facing disruption before Covid-19, Heng said.
· COVID-19 research scandal: Unwanted diversion during pandemic →
This is despite the fact that even without The Lancet paper, evidence has been building against hydroxychloroquine's use against COVID-19.
The New York Times
· D.C.’s Mayor Fights for Control of Her City at Trump’s Front Door →
The classification meant Washington received only about $500 million, compared with a minimum of $1.25 billion allocated to each state, despite Washington’s being harder hit by the virus than most states.
The New York Times
· View Pictures of the George Floyd Protests Nationwide →
In Brooklyn and Detroit, protests ended peacefully despite extending past curfews.
· Torex Gold Is Golden →
But there is one stock that I feel is good buy despite this run up.