“Destroy” in the news
|able to destroy|
|attempt to destroy|
|order to destroy|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Park Aerospace Corp (PKE) CEO Brian Shore on Q1 2021 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
So I hope that the governors do the right thing for the country and the economy, because if we destroy the economy, then we'll really know -- the world will really know what darkness is.
· Colombia lost forest area the size of Sao Paulo in 2019: report →
Although considerable, it represents a 19 percent reduction in deforestation compared to the 197,000 hectares destroyed in 2018.
The New York Times
· Macron Drops Idea of a Modern Spire for Notre-Dame →
The fire last year destroyed the latticework of huge, ancient timbers that made up Notre-Dame’s attic, melted the roof’s lead sheath and endangered the overall stability of the iconic stone structure that had stood for eight centuries.
· France to restore Notre-Dame Cathedral as it was before inferno →
The Apr 15, 2019, blaze gutted the Gothic landmark and major tourist attraction, destroying the spire and roof in a disaster that stunned the nation.
· World Digest: July 9, 2020 →
Notre Dame Cathedral will be restored exactly as it was before the 2019 fire that destroyed much of the historic landmark, the French government announced Thursday evening.
· Melania Trump sculpture set on fire in Slovenian hometown →
Weeks after the statue of the first lady was erected last year, a controversial 25-foot-tall depiction of Donald Trump featuring a rather stern-looking face, yellow shock of hair and red tie also popped up in Slovenia but quickly came under threat by people vowing to destroy it.
· Notre Dame to be rebuilt as it was before the fire, French government says →
PARIS — Notre Dame Cathedral will be restored exactly as it was before the 2019 fire that destroyed much of the historic landmark, the French government announced Thursday evening.
· The next wave of statue removals is afoot. See where they're being taken down across the U.S. →
The swift removal in 2020 of these monuments and markers from public settings comes in the wake of the killing of George Floyd, a Black man whose death in police custody has reignited a national debate about such icons and whether they're pieces of history that should be preserved or, instead, must be taken down and even destroyed.
· EU on the brink: Dutch ‘punching above their weight’ and risk MAJOR crisis →
A national official claimed the Greek crisis almost destroyed The Netherlands.
The New York Times
· The Coronavirus Can Float in Indoor Air, W.H.O. Concedes →
Businesses, schools and nursing homes may need to invest in new ventilation systems or ultraviolet lights that destroy the virus.