“Destroy” in the news
|able to destroy|
|attempt to destroy|
|order to destroy|
Publications and example sentences
· Russian fighters flown out of western Libya after Haftar retreat →
The Tripoli government, known as the GNA, has with Turkish help made sudden strides, seizing a string of towns from the LNA, capturing the strategically important al-Watiya airbase, and destroying several Russian-made air defence systems.
· Namibia culls elephants to ‘protect crops and farmers’ →
Ten elephants have been shot by wildlife authorities in Namibia as part of a cull after the animals moved into farming areas, destroying crops during harvest season.
· Huddersfield owner Phil Hodgkinson warns '50 or 60 clubs' could go bust →
English football's pyramid will be destroyed unless the game starts to plan for the financial impact of Covid-19 beyond the 2019-20 season, says Huddersfield owner Phil Hodgkinson.
· Claudia Karvan joins last-ditch campaign to save unburnt bushland from development →
Tearing it down would not only destroy the homes of native animals, but it would break the hearts of those who saved it – and the rest of us locals.”
· Hurry Up And Wait For Berkshire Hathaway →
That's only true, of course, when you're doing buybacks below intrinsic value otherwise you're destroying shareholder value.
· 'Hitler's alligator' dies in Moscow at age of 84 →
On 23 November 1943, the zoo was destroyed in a bombing raid and the alligator appears to have escaped the ruined aquarium.
· Meet the Press - May 24, 2020 →
They unleashed a virus on the world that's destroyed trillions of dollars in American economic wealth that we're having to spend to keep our economy alive, to keep Americans afloat during this virus.
· 'Incredibly blessed': Royal commission to eye fire success and failure →
The NSW Rural Fire Service said almost 2500 homes were destroyed last season.Credit:Kate Geraghty
· PM earned praise for swift action, but now voters must wait and see - and judge →
To say that some people will receive less assistance than others – after their livelihood has been destroyed – because of a decision you admit was fairly arbitrary is glib.
· Netanyahu lashes out at ‘ludicrous’ graft charges as trial begins →
“I came to demonstrate against the accused prime minister who uses his power to destroy the foundations of democracy,” said Yoav Eitan, 39, at a rally of around 800 people outside Netanyahu’s residence.