“Detect” in the news
|ability to detect|
|able to detect|
|difficult to detect|
|used to detect|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Swim on sharks, nothing to see here: could fake kelp prevent attacks? →
Sharks can detect minute electric fields in the water.
· Dr Noor Hisham: Malaysia has 13 new Covid-19 cases, 12 recoveries, no deaths today →
“Among the three Malaysians, two are in Sarawak suffering from Severe Acute Respiratory Infection and have been warded in the Hospital Umum Sarawak, while one was in Kuala Lumpur where the virus was detected during a pre-work screening.
· Idlib reports first Covid-19 case and braces for fresh disaster →
Government areas of Syria have reported 372 coronavirus cases and 14 deaths, and the UN has detected six cases and one death in the north-east.
· Sports are returning to America before we've earned them →
Since the first cases of coronavirus were detected in China in December, no country has been harder hit than the US, which accounts for roughly 4% of the world’s population and more than a quarter of total cases.
· Spain holidays: Lockdown fear as tourist hotspot on high alert over new coronavirus cases →
It is the latest in a string of outbreaks across the country with coronavirus outbreaks currently detected in more than 90 areas although the government says they are under control.
The New York Times
· Coronavirus Live Updates: U.S. Nears 60,000 New Daily Cases →
The virus has infected more than 11 million people and has been detected in nearly every country.
The New York Times
· A Reporter’s Lonely Mission When the Writing Is on the Wall →
As if detecting hubris in his words, Mr. Brandt quickly added, “I can do this and question authority and get paid for it — or I can be in jail.”
· 85pc of consumers in Labuan face water supply disruption →
“The leakage was detected on Saturday (July 4) night and the repair works commenced Tuesday,” he told Bernama today.
· TikTok stops working – leading users to panic that it has been banned →
TikTok said that it was designed to detect spam, but users were concerned that there was no obvious reason for the company’s behaviour, in addition to the fact users were apparently oblivious to it.
· India sees more local coronavirus lockdowns as cases near 800,000 →
There have been more than 21,000 deaths in India since the first case was detected there in January, federal health ministry data showed on Friday.