· Afghanistan frees hundreds more Taliban prisoners during ceasefire →
The US first built the Bagram detention centre early in the war and it gained international notoriety after details emerged of prisoner abuse.
Hong Kong Free Press
· State media outlet appears to quote Hong Kong police condemning ‘illegal activities’ a day before planned demo →
Violators in China face detention of up to 15 days by police, or criminal prosecution.
· Union calls for field clinic at immigration depots amid Covid-19 outbreak →
He added KPISM which represents 14,000 officers nationwide, was satisfied with the measures taken by the department to ensure the safety and well-being of officers on duty at the detention centres in Bukit Jalil, KLIA and Semenyih as they were given priority in preparation of the standard operating procedure (SOP).
· UK behind Yemen and Sudan in global index of children's rights, report finds →
We are also concerned about children in detention who, because of the indirect impact of Covid-19, are effectively in solitary confinement and have nearly no contact with family or the outside world.”
· MOH mulls Covid-19 screening at all detention centres, including jails, over fears of new outbreak in Malaysia →
KUALA LUMPUR, May 26 — With three immigration detention depots nationwide reporting fresh Covid-19 outbreaks, the Health Ministry said it was looking into screening every individual currently incarcerated at other detention centres or risk a surge in new cases.
· Malaysia reports 187 new COVID-19 cases, majority are illegal migrants held at detention centre →
KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia reported 187 new COVID-19 cases on Tuesday (May 26), with illegal migrants held at a detention centre accounting for most of them, bringing the total number of infections in the country to 7,604.
· Dr Noor Hisham: Source of Covid-19 infection at Bukit Jalil immigration depot still under probe →
KUALA LUMPUR, May 26 — With 155 new cases reported at the Bukit Jalil Immigration Department detention depot today, the Health Ministry said the exact source of the Covid-19 infection was still being investigated.
· Dr Noor Hisham: 187 new Covid-19 cases today, with only four local transmissions among Malaysians →
Of the 173 local transmissions involving foreigners, 155 were detected at the Bukit Jalil immigration detention depots and 13 from the Cheras security guard cluster.
· When China went to war on endemic football corruption →
Next came the detention of Lou Shifang, the former general manager of Shanghai Shenhua, who won the league title in 2003.
· Korean prosecutors question Samsung heir in succession-related probe →
Lee, 51, served a one-year detention over the bribery case until it was suspended in 2018, but the possibility of a tougher sentence has emerged after the Supreme Court overturned a lower court ruling on the case last year.