Detention в новостях
|detention camp||Лагерь для заключенных|
|detention center||Центр заключения|
|detention centers||Центры содержания под стражей|
|detention facility||Следственный изолятор|
|juvenile detention||Содержание под стражей несовершеннолетних|
Публикации и примеры предложений
· Thousands of us have suffered severe stress →
It is time for an amnesty to be called for all those who were formerly imprisoned on Manus Island or Nauru and who remain in some form of detention.
· In Sudan, traced Bashir regime assets ‘tip of iceberg’ →
He has already been sentenced to two years detention in one corruption case—involving illegal possession of foreign currency—and is being held in Khartoum’s Kober prison, on a range of other charges.
· Asymptomatic Covid-19 positive individuals don’t have potential to infect others, says Dr Noor Hisham →
“But for non-Malaysians, if we minus the immigration detention depot and import cases, we find the RO is still about 0.3 per cent and we are still monitoring daily the development among Malaysians and non-Malaysians,” he said.
· 1,800 Raya travellers to Kelantan tested Covid-19 negative, says state health chief →
In another development, Dr Zaini said the department has also conducted surveillance on illegal immigrants at Tanah Merah immigration detention depot and several prisons in the state.
· Iowa Rep. Steve King's many outrageous comments may finally catch up with him →
After Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York said immigrants were complaining that they were being forced to drink from toilets at detention centers, King said at an another town hall that he'd visited the center and sampled the hybrid toilet/water fountain.
· ICE keeps transferring detainees around the country, leading to COVID-19 outbreaks →
The immigrants began to show symptoms in late April, about a week after arriving at the Rolling Plains Detention Center in Haskell, Texas.
· With an ailing domestic economy, can China still pursue its global plans? →
There were no questions on Uighurs or re-education camps in Xinjiang, China’s recent border clashes with India, its trade war with Australia or the detention of a Huawei executive in Canada, issues the government didn’t want to air.
The New York Times
· Western Countries Leave Children of ISIS in Syrian Camps →
The children are living in squalid detention camps lacking schools, health care and clean water, and where disease and jihadist ideology are rampant.
· 'Not free yet': Palfreeman fears re-arrest in Bulgaria, seeks new trial →
Jock Palfreeman speaks to the media as he leaves an immigration detention centre in Busmantsi, Bulgaria, on Tuesday.Credit:AP
· One country, one system →
Critics say this will lead to detention of those who criticise mainland authorities by mainland law enforcement agencies operating in Hong Kong.