|detention camp||Gözaltı kampı|
|detention center||Gözaltı merkezi|
|detention centers||Gözaltı merkezleri|
|detention facility||Gözaltı tesisi|
|juvenile detention||Çocuk gözaltı|
Deyimler ve deyişler →
Yayınlar ve örnek cümleler
The New York Times
· U.S. Weighs Sweeping Travel Ban on Chinese Communist Party Members →
They have loudly denounced what they call the evils of the Chinese Communist Party, pointing to the role of its officials in the cover-up of the initial coronavirus outbreak, the detentions of one million or more Muslims in internment camps and the dismantling of civil liberties in Hong Kong.
· ISIS return? Jihadi fighters are rebuilding Daesh, warns terror report →
The paper warns that, despite appeals from the UN, Western governments are avoiding taking charge of the repatriation, trial, detention and eventual reintegration of ISIS affiliates who are citizens of their countries.
· Ghislaine Maxwell resisted arrest. She should thank her lucky stars that she's white →
According to the prosecutors, Maxwell is “skilled at living in hiding” and made multiple attempts to avoid detention.
· ‘Her life is going to be hell’: Inside the ‘notorious’ Brooklyn prison Ghislaine Maxwell will remain until her trial next July →
Ghislaine Maxwell was forced to swap her luxurious, secluded, New Hampshire estate for a small cell in Brooklyn‘s 'notorious' federal prison when she was arrested as an alleged accomplice to sex predator Jeffrey Epstein - and the Metropolitan Detention Center (MDC) has quite a reputation.
· British aid worker in Syria released on bail after HTS abduction →
A British aid worker living in Syria's opposition-held Idlib province has been released on bail after spending more than three weeks in detention by a dominant armed group.
· The Guardian view on saying no to Huawei: waiting for the real bill →
Australia’s example is interesting; it faces a ban on some exports, has hinted that China could be behind a cyber-attack, and recently told its citizens that they could risk arbitrary detention if they travelled to China.
· US to impose visa restrictions on employees of Huawei, other Chinese tech companies →
China is accused of mass detentions, religious persecution and forced sterilisation of Uyghurs and others in China’s resource-rich northwestern province of Xinjiang.
· Belarus threatens opposition protesters with criminal charges →
Many have been charged with administrative violations and face fines or detention for up to 13 days, rights group Viasna said.
The China Post
· Police in Belarus detained over 250 people during protests →
Amnesty International on Wednesday condemned mass detentions as provoking violence and violating protesters’ rights.