“Determine” in the news
|order to determine|
|used to determine|
Publications and example sentences
· U.S. Weekly FundFlows Insight Report: ETF And Fund Investors Become Slightly More Risk Seeking During The Week →
On Wednesday, the U.S. stock market rallied once again despite the Federal Reserve reporting in its Beige Book that economic activity through May 18 fell sharply and U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo determining that Hong Kong is no longer an autonomous state from China, which could have far-reaching implications on the Sino/American relationship.
· Fifa: Football 'quite different' until vaccine developed →
A set of 'medical considerations' were developed by a special Fifa working group and sent out to member associations, as well as a risk assessment tool that will help countries determine when it is safe for football to resume.
· Hyflux says deal with Utico has ‘ceased’; studying revised offer and pursuing other investor options →
“Accordingly, the restructuring agreement has ipso facto ceased and determined,” Hyflux said.
The New York Times
· Senior Interior Official Broke Ethics Rules a 2nd Time, Watchdog Says →
“We determined that a reasonable person with knowledge of the relevant facts would conclude that Domenech appeared to misuse his position to endorse and promote family member 2’s business despite Domenech’s stated intent,” investigators wrote.
· Stifel Financial Corp.: A New 6.125% Preferred Stock IPO Trading At A 4.50% Premium →
In this article, we want to acquaint market participants with the newest preferred stock that shows up on the exchange, to see how it holds up against its peer group, and to determine whether it will find its place in our portfolio or if there is a better alternative.
· Canadian Western Bank (CBWBF) CEO Christopher Fowler on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
And again, looked at a stress test to try to determine potential additional provisioning that may be required if the reopening doesn't come to pass the way that we all hope that it does, and determine that this was the right level, thinking about our portfolio, thinking about our past experience and history, and the exposures that we have today.
The China Post
· Virus count revised, new clusters emerge as France reopens →
As scientists try to determine why the pandemic is taking longer than expected to end, he said, “We are all trying with the means we have to understand this phenomenon.”
The New York Times
· Congress Calls State Dept. Officials for Interviews in Expanded Pompeo Inquiry →
The Office of Special Counsel investigated whether he had violated the Hatch Act, which limits the political activities of federal employees, but determined in late January he had not because he had asserted earlier that month that he had no plans to enter the race.
· Rishi Sunak is playing good cop to Boris Johnson’s bad – but even he has a difficult time ahead as economic troubles mount →
That set up the dramatic tension of today’s daily news conference, with Sunak determined to present himself as the good cop to the bad cop recently played by Boris Johnson.
· American International Group Inc (AIG) Presents at Deutsche Bank Global Financial Services Conference (Transcript) →
And it is really hard to determine to what extent it buffets up the economy or what it does for overall liquidity.