“Devastating” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· 'Man, this isn't MLS': An oral history of USA's quarter-final run in 2002 →
But not making the team four years earlier was devastating.
· India-Australia Summit: New Delhi playing 'important part' in stabilising Indo-Pacific region, says Scott Morrison →
The summit was held after Morrison had to cancel his trip to India in January, 2020 due to the devastating bushfires season in Australia.
The New York Times
· Trump Tests a Role He’s Long Admired: A Strongman Imposing Order →
Still, he added, given both the military’s status in American life and its sheer firepower, “If Trump were to succeed in politicizing the military, it would have potentially devastating consequences for democracy.”
· When England turned up at Aylesbury United for a pre-Euro 88 friendly →
Not all of the time, though, as the striker squandered a glorious chance to open the scoring with a header from a free-kick routine his side had copied from Manchester United and used to devastating effect on several occasions during their race to the title.
· New York police take seconds to restore reputation for brutality →
The Black, Latino and Asian Caucus of the city council, which makes up more than half of the legislative body, was swift and devastating in its criticism.
· How residents in India's largest slum are fighting coronavirus →
Kanase is among many unsung heroes working to protect some of India's most vulnerable people from the ravages of the coronavirus and the economically devastating nationwide lockdown that has left millions unable to feed themselves.
· Meghan, Duchess of Sussex speaks out over George Floyd killing →
The Duchess of Sussex has described events in the US following the death of George Floyd as “absolutely devastating” and said she felt compelled to speak about it directly.
· Meghan Markle speaks out over killing of George Floyd: ‘The only wrong thing to say is to say nothing’ →
In her five-minute-long address, which was delivered on Wednesday evening and obtained by Essence, Meghan described recent events in the US as “absolutely devastating”.
· Drug developed by University of WA company to be used in global trial →
“It has taken years of research and development to get DMX-200 to this point, and it will be worth every second if it can contribute to fighting the devastating effects of this virus,” he said.
The China Post
· Amid virus, those in India’s largest slum help one another →
Kanase is among many unsung heroes working to protect some of India’s most vulnerable people from the ravages of the coronavirus and the economically devastating nationwide lockdown that has left millions unable to feed themselves.