|research and development||研究開発|
· Amid drink driving focus, DBKL freezes new licences to sell alcohol →
In a brief Facebook post today, DBKL’s Licensing and Petty Traders Development Department made the public announcement, adding that enforcement action would be taken on any premises that sell alcohol without a licence.
· New MLC chair says adapting to post-Hayne world is vital →
Mr Coombe's appointment as independent chair is an important development in NAB's plan to divest MLC, which was announced two years ago but has been delayed by uncertainty in the industry.
· Gathering Critical Clues →
Now, a team led by Harvard Medical School and the Ragon Institute of MGH, MIT and Harvard has collected samples from more than 400 COVID-19 patients in seven weeks, which are being shared with scientists across Boston-area hospitals and research institutes, informing research on COVID-19, from therapeutics to vaccine development to studies on the immune response.
The New York Times
· Monster or Machine? A Profile of the Coronavirus at 6 Months →
“The virus is here, it’s everywhere,” Dr. Rick Bright, the former director of the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority, told the U.S. Senate in mid-May.
· Responding to photo of political gathering, Dr Mahathir insists wouldn’t have made sense for Bersatu to partner with Umno when party campaigned to remove Najib →
Dr Mahathir had on multiple occasions highlighted his refusal to work with ”thieves” or with allegedly political parties defeated in the 2018 general election particularly Umno, in line with his long campaign against Najib and the latter’s party Umno due to the 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB) financial scandal during the Najib administration.
· UK coronavirus live: government's quarantine plans under fire as MPs return to Westminster →
Stay with us for breaking news on all the day’s main developments.
· Asia’s Scientific Trailblazers: Miyoko Watanabe →
Just last year, for instance, Akira Yoshino won the Nobel Prize in Chemistry for the development of the lithium-ion battery.
· Hunt gives $170k for controversial drug as other countries halt trials →
Get our Coronavirus Update newsletter for the day's crucial developments at a glance, the numbers you need to know and what our readers are saying.
· Coronavirus in US: At least 25% of COVID-19 deaths are nursing home residents, says new report →
If you’re feeling unwell, please stay home,” the Monroe County Tourist Development Council, which includes the tourist-dependent Keys, said on its website.
· Vietnam eyes power plants sales to fund new projects, ease debt →
The report did not provide further details on the plans, but said they were in line with EVN’s development strategy through to 2030.