“Dialogue” in the news
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· China, Australia spar on Twitter over Beijing's actions in South China Sea →
China has effectively taken possession of territories the Philippines claims and Manila’s only option is to seek to cool tensions through dialogue, he said.
· John Hume obituary →
The protracted dialogue that followed with the IRA and other parties culminated in Hume’s most notable achievement: engineering the ceasefire of August 1994, when the IRA and loyalist combatants agreed to a total cessation of violence.
· 11 best TV streaming devices and boxes for binge-watching your favourite shows →
There are other neat features: miss a bit of dialogue?
The New York Times
· John Hume, Nobel Laureate for Work in Northern Ireland, Dies at 83 →
Instead he advocated dialogue and reconciliation to still the furious conflict that pitted the I.R.A.
The New York Times
· Stephenie Meyer Is Telling Edward’s Story, Even if It Makes Her Anxious →
The best parts to write, hands down, were the times that Bella was not present, and I wasn’t locked into a certain set of dialogues and actions.
· Microsoft moves ahead with talks to buy TikTok after Trump vows to ban app →
During this process, Microsoft looks forward to continuing dialogue with the United States government, including with the president.”
· "Bruiser" director behind Bugsy Malone, Midnight Express and Evita →
While Scott was famous for his visual stylings, Parker became known for his dialogue and realism (his Birds Eye campaign featured two scruffy Yorkshire brothers who liked to make pictures out of their food).
· Billie Eilish movie: Was Billie Eilish in Diary of a Wimpy Kid? Who did she play? →
Billie Eilish did not play a particular role in the film, but recorded background dialogue for crowd scenes, which was what she did for a number of other films.