“Discard” in the news
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· A fuzzy vision: Virgin's new plan is full of mixed messages →
That might explain why he has backed away from references to a hybrid model, talked about aspirations for adding back 2000 employees in a more normal environment, floated the eventual resumption of long-haul international operations, didn’t discard the possibility of reviving the Tiger brand and was vague about the fate of its version of the chairman’s lounge.
· Trump targets Nevada mail voting in lawsuit even as he defends it in Florida →
Some states with “postmarked-by” rules discard all ballots with no postmark received after Election Day.
· Pakistan have the edge after frustrating opening day for England →
When you consider how many openers have failed in these conditions, and even how many openers England themselves have discarded in that time, the value of his work should not be understated, even if it will be under appreciated.
The China Post
· Maloney, Torres win after delayed count in NY House primary →
In that race, a federal judge has ordered city elections officials to count more than 1,000 additional mail-in ballots that had initially been discarded because they lacked a postmark indicating what day they were sent.
· Diane Keaton, Kevin Hart, Katy Perry: All the celebrities supporting Ellen DeGeneres amid blacklash →
Fellow television host Jay Leno commented, “I don’t discard a 40-year friendship on hearsay.”
· Global shares up as investors monitor US stimulus talks →
That follows President Donald Trump’s threat to discard the agreement over Beijing’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic.
· How Tyrann Mathieu Found His Way Through the Chaos On and Off the Field →
The Texans signed him for cheap and discarded him after one year.
· DBKL continues crackdown, seals four illegal premises run by migrants →
“Two compound notices were issued under the Street, Drainage and Building Act 1974 for placing goods at public spaces, while another 12 were issued under the same Act for depositing rubbish and other discards at public places,” it said.
The New York Times
· Enjoy Those Vegetables, but Don’t Forget to Save Some Seeds →
Skim that off and discard, then rinse the seeds in a strainer.