· Adam Liaw's soy-poached chicken, and lettuce with oyster sauce →
The poaching liquid isn’t discarded and can be frozen for other occasions.
· Koya's Japanese rice bowls →
Remove and discard the husk from the corn cob (if using), then cut the cob in half.
The China Post
· Mexico alleges some doctors sold false death certificates →
Teetering piles of discarded coffins, meanwhile, have piled up outside Mexico City’s overworked crematoriums.
· Which kind of face mask is the best protection against coronavirus? →
To remove your mask, take it off using the elastic tags, without touching the front and discard immediately into a closed bin or, if the mask is reusable, directly into the washing machine.
The New York Times
· Your Short Film of the Day →
Wilson’s New York is a menagerie of urban miscellanea: cute dogs and busy bodegas, construction workers loafing around roadwork sites and hung over 20-somethings waiting for brunch, odd men lounging on discarded La-Z-Boys and others hawking cheap athletic socks on the sidewalk.
· Fisheries Department says toxic Algal bloom caused the death of fish in Penang, Perak →
It said it has warned fish farmers against discarding dead algae-affected fish in the sea or cages, and instead to dispose of the dead according to standard operating procedure.
· Rise up! My sourdough baking hell →
Then my discarded starter (the more-than-half-the-mixture removed before each feed), which was in the fridge – entirely lacking food, water, oxygen, or warmth – began to rise.
· Less than 10% of Britons are immune to coronavirus. There's no room for mistakes →
We must discard any foolish optimism about “immunological dark matter” that will mysteriously prevent infection, or any other clutching at straws.
· The 100 greatest UK No 1s: 100-1 →
Too often discarded as a novelty hit, 99 Red Balloons is the best pop song about cold war anxiety in a field full of try-hard duds, and a chart-topping coronation for the tough, peppy new wave sound being pioneered by the Go-Go’s, the Bangles and the Waitresses.
· Coronavirus: Do you need a face mask and can you make one using items you have at home? →
From here, make another 15cm cut that runs parallel to the bottom of the fabric to make a rectangle that can be discarded.