“Dish” in the news
Publications and example sentences
The New York Times
· Couples Who Eat Together May Not Stay Together →
But, his wife said, “He demands much praise and gets very huffy if anyone diplomatically says they prefer another dish to the one he has made that night.”
· Singaporean cooks up Hari Raya feast for migrant workers in lockdown →
Kumar used a family recipe for the South Asian rice dish often eaten during festive occasions.
· 'There was goodness, there was badness': Patrick Dodson explores family history →
Native dishes based on Indigenous culture are high on his list, which means starting with kangaroo meat before venturing out to the Fitzroy River in central Queensland to catch barramundi, and some traditional knowledge, with a local family.
· Bleak Raya for blind masseurs and buskers who hardly earned a living during MCO →
The calm and collected Mohd Raffi talked softly as he and his wife prepared ketupat — a traditional dish for Hari Raya when Malay Mail visited them recently.
· Japan insect enthusiast puts cricket ramen on the menu →
His team is also experimenting with a variety of other dishes including an insect-based version of a popular Japanese side dish called tsukudani, usually made from seafood, meat or seaweed simmered in soy sauce.
· Tears are shed, hearts are torn as Malaysians spend emotional Hari Raya in Singapore →
She would run after her two sons to get them dressed before rushing to help her mother-in-law and sisters-in-law set the dining table with ketupat, rendang and an assortment of other dishes made specially for the celebrations of the day.
The New York Times
· The Virus Has Wrecked Some Families. It Has Brought Others Closer. →
Now they share three meals a day, each one with multiple dishes.
· Well put together: four dressings that work for every salad →
Often the greatest kitchen victories are those when you open the fridge and declare “there’s nothing to cook” and then using your end-of-week dregs miraculously whip together an impressive anything-goes dish.
· Muslims worldwide celebrate Eid-al-Fitr amid curfews, coronavirus restrictions →
He and his family members are still wearing new clothes and preparing traditional dishes.