“Disorder” in the news
Publications and example sentences
The Wall Street Journal
· ‘Hollywood Park’ Review: Turn the Broken Into Beauty →
Choose your childhood: You get to be raised by an ex-heroin-addict, ex-prison-inmate father, or a mother whose narcissistic personality disorder is so profound that she will blame you for every one of her own selfish acts.
· Depression epidemic in US as one-third of Americans suffer mental health issues during coronavirus lockdowns →
Mental health disorders are among a list of unintended consequences of the coronavirus pandemic lock-downs the Trump administration is measuring to determine whether to reopen the economy.
· What Isolation Does to Undocumented Immigrants →
And other studies have shown that the undocumented population is far more likely to experience these symptoms than the population at large: Approximately 14 percent of undocumented adults living in the U.S. have major depressive disorder, for instance, compared with 7 percent of the general population; 8 percent have panic disorder, which is nearly three times higher than the rate in the general population.
The China Post
· Isolation hotel residents drained by “crippling” solitude →
The virus sapped Schuster of his strength and filled him with an unprecedented dread — even for a man who served in Iraq and Afghanistan, interrogated prisoners at Guantanamo Bay, beat neck cancer and survived heroin addiction stemming from post-traumatic stress disorder.
· Rocket Pharmaceuticals: Updating Our Bullish View For Recent Events - Still A BUY →
LAD-1 is an immune disorder that can range in severity with a majority of the most-severe patients facing mortality before the age of 2.
The New York Times
· Experts Fear Increase in Postpartum Mood and Anxiety Disorders →
Postpartum depression and the larger group of maternal mental health conditions called perinatal mood and anxiety disorders are caused by neurobiological factors and environmental stressors.
· Help the Hungry: Win video chat with Jose Mourinho and other prizes in special campaign auction →
After overcoming burnout and eating disorder, she is now empowering busy professionals worldwide, to find inner balance through private coaching, retreats and workshops.
· 37 most shocking movie twists of all time, explained →
The twist: He faked the disorder.
The New York Times
· You Thought Your Cat Was Fancy? →
In a generations-long process which she calls “squinch-by-squinch development,” she inches ever closer to the perfect toyger, enticing her best felines to mate naturally, and chasing desirable traits while monitoring for the emergence of genetic disorders.
· Coronavirus: Lesser-known symptoms that could be linked to Covid-19 →
“In Covid-19 patients that have been artificially ventilated, a PTSD condition may arise; but we do not have evidence that the frequency is higher in Covid-19 patients than in any other disorder,” Professor Knudsen added.