· Zogenix: Fintepla Late June PDUFA Date - A Catalyzing Moment For Its Shares →
With what looks to be best-in-class efficacy and disease control durability, Fintepla is expected to rival GW Pharma's Epidiolex® in the treatment of certain intractable seizure disorders that together represent an annual revenue opportunity of a billion dollars or more.
· Princess Beatrice opens up about how being dyslexic affected her self-esteem growing up →
Princess Beatrice has opened up about having dyslexia, and how the learning disorder continues to affect her “day-to-day”.
· Coronavirus: Psychiatric effects could last a decade as NHS fears impact of lockdown on children →
He said research had shown a number of Covid-19 patients experienced a “kind of altered mental state” adding this included “cases of psychosis mood disorder and cognitive impairment coming”.
The New York Times
· Could All Those ‘Quarantinis’ Lead to Drinking Problems? →
“It will be pretty unlikely for someone who has never tried alcohol before to start drinking for the first time and immediately develop an alcohol use disorder,” Dr. Wakeman said.
· NSW government using anti-terror laws against Indigenous men jailed for other offences →
In a separate case in July 2019, Justice Peter Garling declined to impose an ESO on a 19-year-old Indigenous man with a diagnosed psychotic disorder.
· Don't Fold Your Bets On Teva →
Government edicts that force people to stay at home and restrict their outside travel can trigger anxiety, bipolar symptoms, depression, schizophrenia and other types of mental illness and disorders.
· Argenx's efgartigimod successful in late-stage study in neuromuscular disorder →
Thinly traded argenx (NASDAQ:ARGX) jumps 28% premarket on light volume in reaction to positive results from a Phase 3 clinical trial evaluating efgartigimod (ARGX-113) in patients with generalized myasthenia gravis (gMG), a neuromuscular disorder characterized by weakness in the skeletal muscles caused by a breakdown in communication between nerves and muscles.
· COVID-19: Hydroxychloroquine-azithromycin combo may be potentially lethal, says study →
Hydroxychloroquine was significantly associated with the development of conduction disorders, and heart failure, they said.
· Britt Ekland: 'I was put through emotional and psychological warfare' →
Although he was never diagnosed, Ekland believes him to have had bipolar disorder.
· Study reveals first evidence inherited genetics can drive cancer’s spread →
Other studies have shown that variations in ApoE contribute to Alzheimer’s disease: ApoE4 aggravates the risk of this neurodegenerative disorder, in contrast to its suppression of cancer progression.