· Today's Retail Investor: Dumb Money, Smart Money Or Just Plain Lucky →
The Coronavirus has displaced many workers, who now have nothing but time on their hands as they practice social distancing (well, maybe some of them practice that) while sitting at home in front of their blazing-fast Internet connected computers, placing trades through their no commission friendly discount broker.
· Plan to demolish and rebuild historic Chinatown building divides community →
The blaze destroyed the top three floors and displaced five decades-old community organizations, including the Museum of Chinese in America, the United East Athletics Association, the H.T.
· Civilians killed as attackers storm Niger refugee camp →
Alongside the local population, the town of Intikane is hosting some 20,000 Malian refugees and 15,000 internally displaced Nigerien citizens - all of whom fled their villages due to violence perpetrated by armed groups.
The New York Times
· Publishers Sue Internet Archive Over National Emergency Library →
Then in March, the group said it would lift all restrictions on its book lending until the end of the public health crisis, creating what it called “a National Emergency Library to serve the nation’s displaced learners.”
· Jihadists launch deadly attack on Niger refugee camp, UN says →
The town of Intikane is home to some 20,000 Malian refugees and 15,000 internally displaced Niger citizens -- all of whom fled their villages due to jihadist violence -- as well as the local population.
· Coronavirus Roundtable - Profiting From Oil's Decline Phase (Video Transcript) →
So those are slowly displacing oil and gas almost regardless of price, another large motivating factor being just energy policy and environmental policy on both national and global basis.
· Christo: 'His gorgeous abstractions made you gawp with disbelief' →
Born in Bulgaria, displaced during the second world war and educated under postwar communism, Christo escaped to Vienna in 1956.
· The riots shed light on an unhealthy situation →
These patients are all the more vulnerable and fearful in the midst of the pandemic and for some the sense of security they had been afforded as a result of the voluntary assisted dying legislation, has been displaced by the fear that COVID-19 restrictions may deny them the chance to die at home, surrounded by family and friends.
· How China Compares Internationally In New GDP Figures →
There is a fascination with the question how China’s economic size or power compares to America’s, and especially whether the challenger has now displaced the reigning champ as #1.
· PM Modi indispensable leader but how to rectify mistakes? says Shiv Sena in swipe at BJP →
The Sena also said the imposition of “bungled” lockdown and hardships being faced by migrant workers in the last two months reminded of the plight of the people displaced during the Partition of 1947.