Yayınlar ve örnek cümleler
The New York Times
· Publishers Sue Internet Archive Over National Emergency Library →
Then in March, the group said it would lift all restrictions on its book lending until the end of the public health crisis, creating what it called “a National Emergency Library to serve the nation’s displaced learners.”
· Jihadists launch deadly attack on Niger refugee camp, UN says →
The town of Intikane is home to some 20,000 Malian refugees and 15,000 internally displaced Niger citizens -- all of whom fled their villages due to jihadist violence -- as well as the local population.
· Coronavirus Roundtable - Profiting From Oil's Decline Phase (Video Transcript) →
So those are slowly displacing oil and gas almost regardless of price, another large motivating factor being just energy policy and environmental policy on both national and global basis.
· Christo: 'His gorgeous abstractions made you gawp with disbelief' →
Born in Bulgaria, displaced during the second world war and educated under postwar communism, Christo escaped to Vienna in 1956.
· The riots shed light on an unhealthy situation →
These patients are all the more vulnerable and fearful in the midst of the pandemic and for some the sense of security they had been afforded as a result of the voluntary assisted dying legislation, has been displaced by the fear that COVID-19 restrictions may deny them the chance to die at home, surrounded by family and friends.
· How China Compares Internationally In New GDP Figures →
There is a fascination with the question how China’s economic size or power compares to America’s, and especially whether the challenger has now displaced the reigning champ as #1.
· PM Modi indispensable leader but how to rectify mistakes? says Shiv Sena in swipe at BJP →
The Sena also said the imposition of “bungled” lockdown and hardships being faced by migrant workers in the last two months reminded of the plight of the people displaced during the Partition of 1947.
The Japan Times
· Turkey and Russia are at war, and Libya’s the loser →
Yet there have been thousands of deaths and more than 200,000 people displaced from their homes in the last year alone.
The New York Times
· As Virus Toll Preoccupies U.S., Rivals Test Limits of American Influence →
Nearly a dozen Iranian fast boats conducted what the Navy described as “dangerous and harassing approaches” to six American warships in the Persian Gulf in mid-April, prompting Mr. Trump’s order “to shoot down and destroy any and all Iranian gunboats if they harass our ships at sea.” Iran backed off in the gulf — but then stepped up oil shipments to Venezuela, in a challenge to the U.S.-led embargo meant to displace President Nicolás Maduro, who has stayed in office despite a vigorous American campaign to force him out.
· ‘Many girls have been cut’: how global school closures left children at risk →
Likewise, in Latin America, groups working with refugees fear Covid-19 will make finding school places even harder for displaced children.