“Dispute” in the news
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· China imposes retaliatory sanctions against U.S. over criticism of Uighur camps →
Chinese officials announced retaliatory sanctions against top U.S. officials and entities on Monday, in a mounting dispute over China's treatment of its Muslim minorities.
· Acuity Brands: Good Fundamentals And Cheap Valuation →
The market’s forward-looking outlook is possibly pricing-in increased competition in an otherwise commoditized market, plus the still ongoing trade dispute and COVID-19 uncertainty on non-residential and residential construction do not help matters either.
· Merger Arbitrage Analysis And Spread Performance - July 12, 2020 →
Also contained in that particular 8-K filing was a reference to the ongoing takeover dispute with Advent.
· Trump’s attacks on Fauci and other experts reinforce that he’d rather Americans be confused than concerned →
So we've seen a by-now uncountable number of beefs, disputes and conflicts between Trump and everyone from random Americans to former confidantes.
· Babri trial: I am innocent, allegations baseless, says Kalyan Singh after hearing →
The 88-year-old leader said, “As a UP chief minister, I and my government ensured adequate three-tier security of the disputed structure in Ayodhya.
· ‘Holy grail of shipwrecks’ found by robot submarine with treasure worth billions →
But researchers at Woods Hole say they are explorers, not treasure hunters, and are not involved in the ownership disputes.
· The federal agency that’s supposed to protect workers is toothless on Covid-19 →
So workers who stage a walkout or picket over the lack of personal protective equipment available in the workplace and publicize their dispute with local media, for example, can’t be penalized for doing so.
· Johnny Depp tells court Amber Heard hit him with 'haymaker' punch →
Depp and his former business managers settled a legal dispute over the alleged fraud in 2018.
· World War 3: China closes in on military partnership with Iran in terrifying warning to US →
US warships already tangle regularly with Iranian forces in the crowded waters of the Persian Gulf and challenge China’s internationally disputed claim to much of the South China Sea, and the Pentagon’s national security strategy has declared China an adversary.
· Russia's Arctic region declares emergency after second fuel spill →
The company disputes the amount and has offered to pay about $150m.