· Harvey Weinstein: Judge rejects proposed $19m settlement citing ‘obnoxious’ legal fees →
US District Judge Alvin K Hellerstein said on Tuesday that Weinstein’s accusers in the proposed class-action settlement were too varied to be grouped together.
· Canceling the account of a late loved one can be a herculean task →
“He would have been the worst candidate for such a job,” wrote Nancy, who lives in the District.
· Transcript: Into Jamaal Bowman's Insurgent Run →
Lee: New York's 16th congressional district is majority Black and Hispanic.
· Ghislaine Maxwell Pleads Not Guilty To Charges Linked To Jeffrey Epstein Case →
During the hearing, U.S. District Court Judge Alison Nathan ordered Maxwell to be detained pending trial.
· No bodies found yet in search for Tulsa massacre victims →
On May 31 and June 1 in 1921, white residents looted and burned Tulsa’s black Greenwood district, killing as many as 300 people with many believed buried in mass graves.
· Ghislaine Maxwell accuser calls her a "sexual predator" in emotional court statement →
Annie Farmer spoke in a steady voice via an audio feed piped into the courtroom at the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York in Manhattan before the judge ordered Maxwell to remain behind bars until her trial.
· Trump administration backs down on restrictions for international students →
U.S. District Court Judge Allison Dale Burroughs in Massachusetts announced Tuesday that the government and plaintiffs had reached a resolution in a lawsuit brought by Harvard University and MIT.
· Trump administration reverses course on order barring some foreign students →
U.S. District Judge Allison Burroughs in Massachusetts said the U.S. government and Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology who sued over the measure had come to a settlement that would make the rule moot.
· SI All-American Candidate Taizse Johnson →
Prospect: Taizse Johnson Status: SI All-American CandidateVitals: 6-foot-2, 275 poundsPosition: Defensive TackleSchool: Washington (District of Columbia) St. John's CollegeCommitted to: Maryland Projected Position: Defensive Tackle
The New York Times
· From Rep. Carolyn Maloney: Please Fill Out the Census →
Carolyn B. MaloneyNew YorkThe writer represents New York’s 12th District in the House.