· Sugar mills’ working capital requirements to go up: Icra →
This is majorly due to the cane which was generally used by the local gur and khandsari manufacturers got diverted to sugar mills with the former’s operations prematurely shut due to the lockdown.
· Raw jute prices come down to below MSP due to low capacity utilisation of mills →
More than 3.5 lakh bales of order for jute have been diverted to plastic bag or polypropylene/ high-density polyethylene (PP/HDPE) industry.
The Japan Times
· World must unite and stand by Hong Kong →
Now with the eyes of the world diverted, Beijing seeks to assert itself completely over the region.
· Feds flew an unarmed Predator drone over Minneapolis protests to provide “situational awareness” →
On Friday, a Predator surveillance drone operated by United States Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) diverted from its normal route along the Canadian border in order to circle the skies over Minneapolis.
The New York Times
· Blaming China for Pandemic, Trump Says U.S. Will Leave the W.H.O. →
As he began facing harsh questions about his handling of the disease here, Mr. Trump swiftly diverted the blame to the W.H.O., threatening in a letter earlier this month to pull funding if it did not “commit to major substantive improvements in the next 30 days.”
· President Donald Trump blames China for COVID-19 deaths, says US terminating relationship with WHO →
Stating that the funding of the WHO would now be diverted to other global public health organisations, Trump announced a series of decisions against China including issuing proclamation to deny entry to certain Chinese nationals and tightening of regulations against Chinese investments in America.
· UK coronavirus: businesses must pay part of furlough costs from August – as it happened →
Despite Downing Street’s efforts to divert focus away from the row, hundreds of thousands of people added their names to the petition in recent days demanding that the prime minister fire his most senior adviser.
The New York Times
· Review: ‘Quiz’ Has a Big Question but No Final Answer →
If these performances are more diverting than memorable, it’s probably because “Quiz” itself isn’t as substantial as you might hope, given the big themes it dabbles in.
· The secrets haunting the Wonnangatta Valley →
He grabbed a spade, diverted a small stream into his hut, draped a wet hessian bag over his head and sat in the stream until the fire roared past.
· Chinese Aggression Presents an Opportunity for India →
China’s actions against India and in the South China Sea could be considered attempts to divert attention from its responsibility in dealing with the COVID-19 crisis.