“Divisive” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· Manchester City braced to face the biggest test of their Abu Dhabi era as FFP appeal case looms →
FFP is almost as divisive and intractable as the UK’s quest to leave the European Union.
· Drew Brees' Anthem Comments Draw Criticism from Roderic Teamer →
Instead, those words have become divisive and hurtful and have misled people into believing that somehow I am an enemy.
The New York Times
· What We Know About the Shooting Death of Ahmaud Arbery →
Georgia Governor Brian Kemp, a Republican who has created a lot of ill will among people of color, particularly in Georgia, for a very divisive campaign, talked about the need for Georgians to find justice in this case.
· Revolt of the generals: Trump faces heat from US military leaders →
Trump's former Trump defence secretary, General James Mattis, chimed in with a strongly worded statement criticising Trump directly for his divisive rhetoric during the protests.
The China Post
· Kentucky governor: Jefferson Davis statue should be moved →
Andy Beshear said Thursday that he sees the Davis statue as a divisive symbol that should be removed from the Capitol Rotunda.
· Al Sharpton: The black rights firebrand still fighting injustice →
But critics have accused Sharpton, who placed himself at the centre of some of the most racially explosive issues of the 1980s in his native New York, of being a divisive racial provocateur.
· Al Sharpton: the black rights firebrand still fighting injustice →
But critics have accused Sharpton, who placed himself at the center of some of the most racially explosive issues of the 1980s in his native New York, of being a divisive racial provocateur.
· Why Trump Is So Obsessed With Antifa →
This nation has been roiled with anguish and anger this past week over the police and extrajudicial killings of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and Ahmaud Arbery, and yet the White House is engaging in the same old rhetorical tactics of divisive scapegoating.
· Memorial for George Floyd set for Thursday after days of protest, rage →
MINNEAPOLIS: Minneapolis was set to hold an emotionally charged memorial service on Thursday (Jun 4) for George Floyd, the black man whose death in police custody set off a wave of protests and unrest that has roiled America in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic and a divisive presidential election campaign.