“Dock” in the news
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Woman killed and put in wheelie bin by 16-year-old in Lancashire, court told →
“The prosecution case is that her killer is the young man who sits in the dock of the court,” he told the court.
· COVID-19 Pushes South Korea Into Recession →
Cruise ships have been unable to dock in South Korea since February and 82 of the expected 180 cruises at the port of Busan have been canceled.
· FAM: Kelantan football team docked three points for failing to settle salary arrears →
KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 3 — The Kelantan football team has been docked three points with immediate effect for the 2020 Premier League season for failing to pay the salary arrears of its players and officials in accordance with the stipulated schedule.
· At least 41 people test positive for coronavirus aboard Norwegian cruise ship →
The state of play: Hurtigruten's MS Roald Amundsen is now docked in the city of Tromsø, where the sickened passengers and crew were taken to a hospital.
· Cruise: Two cruise ships in quarantine in Italy after coronavirus outbreaks →
The Roald Amundsen was docked in the port of Tromsø in northern Norway when coronavirus infections were detected in some of the crew members.
· The Health 202: Hospitals must start paying back billions borrowed from government during pandemic →
But hospitals say the repayments, which are to be docked from their regular Medicare payments until they're fully paid back, could put rural and low-income-serving facilities underwater — particularly in areas where the coronavirus continues to surge.
The China Post
· Outbreak hits Norway cruise ship, could spread along coast →
The 40 people on the MS Roald Amundsen who tested positive have been admitted to the University Hospital of North Norway in Tromsoe, north of the Arctic Circle, where the ship currently is docked.
· FOMO And The Ship And Shore Analogy →
Imagine you are heading on a tropical vacation cruise on a ship, and you go to the dock to board the vessel, and lo and behold the ship has left without you!
· Hurtigruten shipping line suspends all cruises after coronavirus outbreak on board →
The ship is not believed to have docked in the islands’ capital, Longyearbyen, or in any other settlements.