“Down” in the news
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
The Wall Street Journal
· Joe Kindred’s Recipe for Charred Squid With Ajo Blanco and Cilantro Pistou →
At Kindred most everything’s made on site, down to the bread that thickens the ajo blanco, making it more sauce than soup here.
· Plan: Richmond’s Lee statue would be cut apart, reassembled →
A judge recently halted removal plans after a lawsuit was filed against taking down the monument.
· Boston Properties: Clues From Insider Deals →
The virus resurgence and the absence of an effective vaccine are major headwinds that could drag the economy down faster than economists can estimate.
The New York Times
· In Astounding Test, Scientists Revive Damaged Lungs for Transplant →
Injured lungs easily fill with fluid and then start to break down.
· Scripps selling WPIX to Mission Broadcasting for $75M-plus →
Proceeds will go along with Scripps' sale of Stitcher to pay down debt, CFO Lisa Knutson says.
· ESPN Analyst Kirk Herbstreit Compares LSU Football's Joe Burrow to Peyton Manning, Tom Brady →
In fact in some instances the coaching staff has asked him to slow down a bit.
· Three-star Receiver Flips from Ole Miss to Georgia →
Ole Miss is down one commitment on the recruiting trail.
· North Korea’s barbaric indoctrination laid bare as Kim Jong-un dubbed ‘literal god’ →
Yesterday, North Korea issued a warning to the UK after Downing Street announced its intention to impose sanctions on two organisations linked to prison camps in the country.
· NFL, NFLPA, & PLAYERS on TACKLING COVID-19 →
The NFLPA clarified that they do not want players merely returning to work and have the season shut down before it begins.
· Vale, Kobe Steel and Mitsui to work on low-carbon ironmaking →
Now read: Coronavirus Beaten Down Stocks/Funds Series - iShares MSCI Brazil ETF »