The Wall Street Journal
· Joe Kindred’s Recipe for Charred Squid With Ajo Blanco and Cilantro Pistou →
At Kindred most everything’s made on site, down to the bread that thickens the ajo blanco, making it more sauce than soup here.
· Manchester City set to learn outcome of CAS appeal over European ban →
The Italians are 1-0 down versus Olympique Lyonnais from the first leg in France.
· Pac-12 Commissioner Larry Scott Tests Positive for COVID-19 →
If coaches or officials test positive for COVID-19, what will that mean in terms shutting down workouts or games.
· Trump undercuts health experts — again — in schools debate →
Repeatedly now, the administration has shelved or altered CDC draft guidance, or even told the the agency to take down guidance it has already posted.
· COVID-19 death as 'critical point' in NSW, Victorian virus defence →
A total of 16,748 tests were carried out in the last 24-hour reporting period, down from 18,524 the previous day.
· ‘Blood on his hands’: In scathing obituary, woman blames governor for her father’s covid-19 death →
Since then, Kristin Urquiza said she has felt like a storm is forming inside her body, preparing to bear down on the desert of her home state.
· Empty Wembley waits for Euro 2020 party postponed by coronavirus →
Those stark figures do not even account for the potential impact of a second wave of the virus should football be shut down again.
· The Latest: Kentucky’s governor says mask rule in effect →
The director of the Oregon Health Authority says that “we are calling on Oregonians to take action, to help us bring down the spread of COVID-19 and get it under control so we can again bend the curve back down.”
The New York Times
· Bulk of an Experiment →
Did you know that crocodiles visibly weep while they chow down on their unfortunate prey (in this video, a plucked chicken)?
· Singapore ruling party's support slips in pandemic poll →
But that was pointedly down on the nearly 70% of the vote it won at the country's last election in 2015, while the opposition Workers' Party picked up 10 seats -- its best ever showing at an election.