“Dramatic” in the news
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· BlackRock TCP Capital Corp (TCPC) CEO Howard Levkowitz on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
Following the dramatic market dislocation and volatility in March the second quarter saw significant recovery across both credit and equity markets.
· Macron says aid to blast-stricken Lebanon won't go to 'corrupt hands' →
Speaking at a news conference at the end of a dramatic visit to Beirut, Macron called for an international inquiry into the devastating explosion that generated a seismic shock felt across the region, saying it was an urgent signal to carry out anti-corruption reforms demanded by a furious population.
· Africa passes 1 mil confirmed virus cases; true number far more →
Without a dramatic increase in testing, “there’s much we don’t know.”
· Pan American Silver's (PAAS) CEO Michael Steinmann on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
It's not dramatic.
· Trump voters haven't been driven by racism. If anything, it has repelled them. →
Trump has seen a dramatic and precipitous collapse among people who used to support him, according to an intensive study of swing voters by The New York Times.
· Walking Dead season 10 finale: Will episode 16 air in 2020? Creator says 'I know dates' →
Fans had been gearing up for a dramatic season 10 finale earlier this year, and they were disappointed to hear the final episode had been pushed back.
· Howmet Aerospace Inc. (HWM) Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
It’s that while second quarter was quite dramatic as most commercial truck plants were closed, I mean completely closed during April and part of May, but we are seeing improved demand mostly in North America and in Europe.
· Cheniere Energy, Inc. (LNG) CEO Jack Fusco on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
You've seen a very dramatic rebound in global prices.
· Taseko Mines' (TGB) CEO Russ Hallbauer on Q2 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
Our leverage to copper, as we know pricing in the Canadian dollar is very dramatic, US$0.25 increase in U.S. copper price equates to over $30 million in operating profit for Taseko.