“Drone” in the news
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· US senators want to block drone sales to Saudis →
Republican and Democratic senators introduced legislation on Thursday that would block international sales of United States-made drones to countries that are not close US allies, mentioning Saudi Arabia in particular.
· World Digest: Aug. 6, 2020 →
Saudi coalition says it shot down Houthi drone: The Saudi-led coalition fighting the Iranian-aligned Houthi movement in Yemen said it shot down an explosives-laden drone heading toward the kingdom, a statement published by the Saudi Press Agency said.
· SpaceX launch LIVE stream: How to watch SpaceX launch 57 more Starlink satellites HERE →
About four minutes later, the booster is expected to land on a drone ship platform in the Atlantic.
· US pointman on Iran hard line quits →
Tensions soared to a new high in January this year when Trump ordered a drone strike that killed a top Iranian general, Qasem Soleimani, at Baghdad's airport.
· Royal Gold, Inc. (RGLD) CEO Bill Heissenbuttel on Q4 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
We've used drone photography to help us out to get a better picture of site.
· What Lebanon needs to recover from the explosion →
A French “sécurité civile” rescue team of 55 firemen and woman is boarding in Paris to fly to #Beirut #Lebanon and bring with them drone, search dogs, cameras and medical equipment.
· AG Barr promises to rule out death penalty for ISIS 'Beatles', victims' families say →
The leading Beatle, and the man believed to have wielded the knife in those killings, was Mohammed Emwazi, who was killed by Hellfire missiles fired from a CIA drone in 2015.
· Watch SpaceX launch its latest batch of Starlink satellites, with two hitchhiking spacecraft →
The rocket will attempt to land on one of SpaceX’s drone ships in the Atlantic following the launch, potentially enabling the vehicle to fly for the sixth time.
· Turkey's Cavusoglu slams German role in EU's Libya mission →
The GNA's military success depended partly on Turkish-supplied drones that pushed back Haftar's self-styled Libyan National Army (LNA) from Libya's skies.
· Sony’s new WH-1000XM4 headphones promise better noise cancelling →
I haven't been able to truly stress test this claim yet—a global pandemic isn't the most accommodating setting for such matters—but I can say that the ANC quality here is still deeply impressive, almost totally wiping out the droning of a busy air conditioner even without any music playing.