“Edge” in the news
Publications and example sentences
· The journey home after a perfect trip away is the best, bittersweetest bit →
I don’t know what it is about watching countryside roll along on a solo train trip across Europe; piling out with mates at a service station for disgusting coffee (then sunbathing on a grassy bank at the edge of a car park); or that final butchering-of-a-language conversation with a congenial cab driver taking you back to the airport, that makes me contemplative and deeply satisfied.
· On a romp of a quest across colonial Tasmania →
It’s a wise remark, at the edge of cynicism, and it underlies an odd, even quaint novel in which bizarre things are visited on women for no good reason at all.
· Champagne sales dip as world goes into warlike depression amid coronavirus →
Spain’s cava producers also expect to be severely hit by the crisis but Italian prosecco makers have seen sales edge higher.
· Marvell Technology Group Ltd. (MRVL) CEO Matthew Murphy on Q1 2021 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
The Avera acquisition brings to us leading edge custom chip design capability, which continues to become more relevant as hyperscalers seek to differentiate and control their own key pieces of silicon.
· General Electric (GE) Presents at Bernstein 36th Annual Strategic Decisions Virtual Conference (Transcript) →
We can fine tune the edges in terms of how that's going to play out what it means for us given our relatively younger fleet, but nonetheless, we need to take dramatic action on the cost side to deal with that, which is why in turn you've seen us reduce over 20, nearly 25% of our headcount in that business, but that doesn't finish the work that needs to be done here.
· NIO Limited (NIO) CEO William Li on Q1 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
As the time goes on, we believe our competitive edge enhanced by best will become more self-evident.
· Zscaler, Inc. (ZS) CEO Jay Chaudhry on Q3 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
We believe Gartner's only validated our platform and vision when they published a new approach for security, named Secure Access Service Edge or SASE.
· VMware's (VMW) CEO Pat Gelsinger on Q1 2021 Results - Earnings Call Transcript →
It’s all standardizing on this common platform, which is now on-premise, in the cloud, to the edge.
· Global stocks slip as markets await Trump's HK response →
Trepidation about a further deterioration in Sino-US relations sent stocks lower and put investors on edge.
· Gold: Patience Is A Virtue →
On top, since the second week of May, Bitcoin has been knocking at the upper edge of the large consolidation triangle once again.