|elect a mayor||市長を選出する|
|elect a new||新しいを選出する|
|elect the mayor||市長を選出する|
|right to elect||選挙権|
· Lesbian couple become Costa Rica's first same-sex spouses →
After years of campaigning by the pro-marriage-equality group Sí, Acepto, Carlos Alvarado Quesada was elected president in a “resounding” victory in 2018 on an explicitly pro-gay-marriage platform.
· Arbery case exemplifies abuse of 'stand your ground,' but the damage is broad and systemic →
But, when about 50 of Brunswick’s leaders -- businessmen and clergy, nonprofit officers and elected officials, some black and some white -- gathered in its wake, the law and just how it should be interpreted dominated the conversation.
The New York Times
· Inequality in America: Finding Answers →
Right now, too many states simply see their role as tying the hands of local elected officials, which results in many inequities growing worse.
The China Post
· PG&E’s long-running bankruptcy saga enters pivotal stage →
That hasn’t happened, warned San Jose Mayor Sam Liccardo and more than 200 other elected officials from municipalities served by the utility who oppose the company’s plan.
The China Post
· Sweden steadfast in strategy as virus toll continues rising →
But as the death toll mounts, Linde believes elected officials would have been more cautious in risking the lives of citizens.
· Husband of ‘Reopen North Carolina’ leader says he is ‘willing to kill’ in fight against lockdown →
We have come together to demand action from their elected officials.
· Trump falsely claims Democratic Rep. Conor Lamb voted for Pelosi as speaker →
In fact, Lamb, who was elected to the House in a 2018 special election, did not vote for Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., as speaker of the House in the formal floor vote held in January 2019.
· Bankrupt Hertz Shareholders Are Expected To Get No Recovery, Including Carl Icahn →
Usually they sell most of the used cars via 87 company-operated used car dealers, but they may elect to go outside of their normal operations if they decide to dispose of a large number of cars quickly.
· Victorian Premier under fire over state secrecy →
State secrecy has worsened since the Andrews government was elected, with new figures showing a steady year-on-year decline in the release of information by Victorian departments and agencies.
· 'Put your weapons down': Co-operation is the future for workplaces →
As a first step, employees should be represented as directors on company boards, elected by their colleagues – a permanent Accord 2.0.