“Eliminate” in the news
|order to eliminate|
|reduce or eliminate|
Publications and example sentences
· Britain to change immigration rules if China imposes security law on Hong Kong, PM Johnson says →
Last week, US President Donald Trump ordered his administration to begin the process of eliminating special US treatment for Hong Kong to punish China.
The Wall Street Journal
· Lyft Says Demand Picking Up as Covid-19 Restrictions Ease →
Uber said in early May that it would eliminate 3,700 positions.
The New York Times
· The One Police Reform That Both the Left and the Right Support →
The Supreme Court is expected to announce soon whether it will reconsider the doctrine, and Justin Amash, a conservative congressman from Michigan, plans to introduce a bill this week to eliminate it.
· Meritor to cut global headcount by 8%, reaffirms Q3 guidance →
Meritor (NYSE:MTOR) discloses a restructuring plan to reduce global headcount by ~8% of global salaried positions and eliminate some hourly roles in an effort to reduce labor costs.
· Why People Loot →
To fully eliminate looting, you’d have to eliminate the conditions that make people upset enough to protest.
· How to easily install the Android 11 developer preview →
There are a few steps that you’ll need to do yourself before the new software can be installed, which we’ll walk you through below, but Google’s tool basically eliminates most of the hassle and complexity that makes it easy to mess up.
· US senator: Huawei 5G is like Soviets building west's submarines →
Ten days ago, an increasingly nervous Downing Street said it was reviewing a plan put forward by Boris Johnson as recently as January and indicated that it could be prepared to eliminate Huawei involvement entirely by 2023.
· GM should emerge from pandemic with permanently lower costs: CEO →
She said that the pandemic had given GM the opportunity to go through all of its line item expenses and eliminate redundant processes.
· Retractable Technologies Inc.: Order For COVID-19 Vaccine Syringes Is A Game-Changer →
The products feature a patented retractable safety mechanism designed to eliminate exposure to contaminants, bloodstream infections, and needlestick injuries.
· Lockheed Martin Corp (LMT) Presents at UBS Global Industrials and Transportation Conference - (Transcript) →
But you have to think about historically, the threat scenarios that -- to tend to be a big influence on the budgets, and those don't appear to be eliminating at any near-term time period.