“Eliminate” in the news
|order to eliminate|
|reduce or eliminate|
Publications and example sentences
The New York Times
· Cities Ask if It’s Time to Defund Police and ‘Reimagine’ Public Safety →
The topic of eliminating some of the department’s functions was not discussed.
· Racism making Indigenous Queenslanders sick, says health body →
The QAIHC aims to eliminate health disparities experienced by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The New York Times
· Trump Says Jobs Report Made It a ‘Great Day’ for George Floyd, Stepping on Message →
Adding to his administration’s efforts to eliminate environmental protections in the name of restarting the economy after months of shutdown, the president signed a proclamation to open the Atlantic Ocean’s first marine monument to commercial fishing.
· Bringing Fans Back to MLB Will Require Yogi Berra-Level Marketing Savvy →
Dolich says that need for innovation underscores the mistake baseball is making in trying to eliminate up to 40 minor league franchises while all this is going on.
· Will You Go to Husky Stadium on Game Day? →
This leaves leagues and schools to ponder whether they should restrict crowd sizes or eliminate fans altogether.
· U.S. will allow limited flights by Chinese airlines, not a ban →
Chinese airlines reduced but didn't eliminate their flights to the U.S.
· Transcript: Talking to Kids About Racism →
But I also talked about the fact that there were white allies from the beginning, abolitionists who didn't agree with slavery, who also thought it was unfair, and that finally it was eliminated.
· Broncos Schedule Preview | Week 16: What to Watch for at Chargers →
The Chargers could role with Tyrod Taylor and follow the path the Broncos have modeled themselves of rolling with the veteran until eliminated from the playoffs.
· Draft lottery again becomes everything to Cavaliers →
As you also know, the Cavs were eliminated from playoff contention long ago.
· Uber could lose its Grubhub deal to Just Eat or Delivery Hero →
Uber Eats is a domestic competitor to Grubhub, making the tie-up attractive to the larger company from a competitive perspective; if Uber can eliminate one of its chief rivals while absorbing its market share, then perhaps the company best known for its ride-hailing business would be able to extract more cash from food delivery, lessening its regular losses from the activity.