· If you’re surprised by how the police are acting, you don’t understand US history →
In northern “free” states, police precincts developed in emerging industrial cities to control what economic elites referred to as “rioting”, which was “the only effective political strategy available to exploited workers”.
· 'I want to prove it wasn’t a fluke': Innes chases Stradbroke dream →
Winning on Dawn Passage would also lift him into elite company.
· Announcement on additional permitted sports activities soon, says Youth and Sports minister →
Elite athletes under the “Road to Tokyo” (RTT) programme who are and will be eligible to the Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games were also given special relaxation to begin their centralised indoor training camp since Monday.
· Premiership announces 15 August start date to restart rugby after coronavirus →
“At a board meeting last night, the target restart date was agreed following the announcement earlier this week that Premiership Rugby clubs can move to Stage 1: Elite Sport Return to Training.”
· Football Victoria foregoes cash in bid to commence season →
The clubs are concerned that an FV plan for promotion throughout the lower tiers to the top but without relegation from NPL 1 will shore up problems for next season and beyond, as it will increase the cost base for the 2021 season by adding more teams to the elite division.
· Does the coronavirus pandemic mean an end to boxing as we know it? →
“I have seen some people say that elite boxers will be hit harder than lower level fighters.
· Why it makes sense for union and league to merge →
At the elite level, these are fabrications of the past.
· Warning over 'pressure building' for elite Welsh swimmers' return →
Some of England's top swimmers are back in training as the UK Government permits elite athletes there to train.
· Iran frees American, US allows dual citizen to visit Iran in deal →
Tensions flared after Trump pulled out of the 2015 Iran nuclear deal in 2018 and reimposed US sanctions, and worsened after a January 3 US drone strike in Iraq killed Qassem Soleimani, the head of Iran's elite Quds Force.
· Alabama Gymnastics' Dana Duckworth Responds to Tia Kiaku's Racism Allegations →
Bills QB Jake Fromm ‘extremely sorry’ for saying only ‘elite white people’ should have gun access in leaked ’19 text